Thursday, September 08, 2005

WATASHI WA "ENT-HNS" GIRL DE-SU.


I am the ENT-HNS (ears, nose, throat, head and neck sugery) GIRL. Well, at least until the 15th anyway. Then I'll become the OPHTHA GIRL. LOL

As a clerk for the ENT Department, I examine the ears of patients who mostly have impacted cerumen or otitis externa/media (ear infection). Sometimes we have patients who complain of allergic rhinitis or sinusitis, or else have neck masses like goiter or mandibular abscesses. If there are vehicular accidents or trauma patients who are brought to the emergency room, we are sometimes called to examine them and suture their wounds if their faces are involved. But most of the time, it's impacted cerumen and otitis externa. Ear infections are gross. And they smell bad. The OPD clinic sometimes reek of the odor if a lot of otitis patients come in for follow-up. x___X

For my last duty, I sutured a hack wound in the pinna of ear. The patient was hacked by her husband with a knife because he suspected her of having an affair. I also removed a fishing hook from the earlobe of a 2-year old boy who was accidentally "caught" (LOL) while bathing in the beach. Maybe later, I might assist in an operation. It's not really a busy department, but sometimes it's so hard to refer cases because we only have one resident.

What I like best about this rotation is the fact that Hya (the Ophtha Girl for now) and I have our 24-h duties together. So at night, when all the other major departments are so busy with their emergency cases, Hya and I are cooped up in the ENT-OPHTHA clinic, watching our VCDs in her laptop, LOLz! In our first duty, we watched One Million Stars Falling From The Sky, which surprised us a little because Kimura Takuya has a really different character here! We didn't finish that series though (I fell asleep! Nyahahahaha ^.^) In our second duty, we watched Battle Royale I, which also gave us quite a shock because we didn't expect that it was a very very VIOLENT movie. [sheepish] But of course, it's not always fun for us. We're on duty after all, and we do see emergency cases and prepare for morning endorsements. But since we're clerks who previously rotated in OB and Surgery Departments, nothing will faze us anymore.

Hm... I wonder what movies/series will Hya and I watch later... ^_______^

No comments: