Today, we had our Christmas party in Maria Reyna Hospital. I actually had a pretty enjoyable time doing the decorations, helping with the preparations, and watching the program proper. I even felt happy and proud that Bandoy won second place in the singing contest while our booth placed third among the seven decorated booths from the different departments of the hospital. But I was disheartened towards the end of the party. Out of the blue, catching me by surprise, the emcee announced that the surgery residents were going to perform a special number. There are only two surgery residents in the hospital. One is my sempai. The other one is... HER.
I’ve always been uncomfortable with the fact that my sempai’s co-resident is a young, single, female, much more his classmate in med school. And she actually seems like a nice and fun person, and I later learned tonight, that she even possesses talents that she can boast of. And I was even more uncomfortable seeing them together all the time, eating their breakfasts together, going on rounds together, and most painful of all is to hear nurses and even other residents calling them “LOVEBIRDS” behind their backs. But of course I’ve kept all these thoughts to myself, because I really don’t have any right whatsoever over my sempai’s life. And as I’ve told him before, I don’t expect anything from him. And yet, I also didn’t expect that my sempai would, inadvertently, cause me so much pain. T__T
Lately, we hardly even talk or even look at each other. My sempai is really friendly, but lately he feels so distant. But maybe it’s also because of me. Because I’m now feeling too shy to even meet him in the eye, and when I attempt to say something to him, I choke up incomprehensible syllables that hardly make any sense. But still I was contented with that. I don’t care at all if my sempai doesn’t talk to me or doesn’t even look at me as long as I can see him everyday. My wish is that simple. And yet, tonight, I feel so disheartened over him. When the emcee announced that SHE and my sempai were performing a song number together, and I could hear the catcalls and whistles of approval from the nurses and residents, I felt like my whole body was doused with a pail of ice cold water. I clapped my hands but I felt all numbed. I didn’t even care that my sempai was singing. For the first time, I didn’t think what he was doing was cute at all. I
DAI-KI-RAI!!!!!!!! >:(


Anyway, just to keep my mind off from being too depressed, Catherine already gave me my VCDs from Manila, and Hya and I were so overwhelmed at the BIG BOX OF CDs that we received! We both feel so happy! We immediately started watching Hana Yori Dango, and dear heavens!, SUTEKI DA NE!!! We love it so much! We’re now on ep5 but Hya has to go home already since it’s already 130am. Tee-hee. ^o^ But I will probably finish the rest of the episodes now, never mind that I still have to do a report on meconium aspiration. HanaDan is just so wonderful! I’ve always been a big follower of the story – from the anime to the Meteor Garden craze a long long time ago. And now when I learned that there is a new jap TV series based on it, I was ecstatic! ^o^ At first I thought Matsumoto Jun was not fitting as Doumyouji, but later on changed my mind because now I really like him so much!!! (^O^) And then add the fact that Oguri Shun plays Hanazawa Rui makes it even more special! I even like the girl playing Makino Tsukushi because she’s really cute! The flow of the story is a bit fast-paced, and they’ve deleted many scenes and characters and had many revisions from the original story, but it’s still worth watching! In fact, it makes it even more exciting. Even though I already know the story, I still can’t wait to see what will happen in the next episodes! I hope I won’t be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment