I was so excited I immediately started reading HP, like a hungry little kid gobbling her sweets. It took me a total of around 15 hours to finish it, and when I reached the last page, I instantly felt a sense of regret and sadness wash over me. I realized that it’s finally over. The battle between He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named versus The-Boy-Who-Lived has finally come to an end. We will not be visiting Hogwarts ever again. We will not be hearing Ron and Hermione's constant bickering any longer. We will not be meeting all these amazing characters and going to all these wonderful places anymore. We will not be learning new stuffs about courage, loyalty, trust and friendship from Harry and friends in the future. It has finally come to an end. The Harry Potter phenomenon has reached its final conclusion.
I’m happy with the book, but at the same time, I feel a wave of sadness within me. I won’t elaborate anymore about it. I’m sure a lot of sites out there offer more detailed reviews and insights regarding the book, and I don’t want to spoil those who haven’t read it yet. But I would just like to point out one thing that pleased me so much and moved me to tears: I am so glad that Severus Snape was able to redeem himself in the end. For some weird reason, I’ve always felt an attachment to this “villain” since the first book, and I was extremely disheartened when I learned he killed Albus Dumbledore in book six. But Snape is one really misunderstood character, and his life has many secrets and surprises. I am very satisfied that despite their unfriendly relationship in the past, Harry was able to put a special place for Snape in his life in the future.
I also finished watching the anime SOLA. It’s a poignant tale about Matsuri, Yorito and Aono -- three individuals whose lives have been intertwined since the past. This 13-episode anime contains so many surprises, it will keep you guessing till the end. Plus the art is done so wonderfully, and it has a great OST to boot! I so love all of the character designs, especially of Morimiya Aono. I love the way she handles her “origami sheets” skillfully. *winks* I also love the side story of Takeshi and Mayuko. Their sweet story readily moved me to tears. Actually the entire series moved me to tears, since I pretty much cry so easily, hehehe
Here is a misakichan original fanart in loving appreciation for one very interesting character, done with a badly sharpened Mongol #2 pencil at the back of a prescription sheet XD (Gomen! Those were the only available materials at that time T__T And sorry! I don’t have a scanner so I just took a picture of it XD). I haven't drawn for a long time, but to be honest, I'm quite contented with this. ^_____^
After Sola, I feel that it’s only fitting to be watching these cutesy but dramatic types of anime, so I’m now watching Air, to be followed by Kanon (2006), both done by Key/Visual Arts. It would be nice to put Clannad next in the list, but since that anime’s still ongoing, so I guess I’ll watch Trinity Blood after. (Hehe I know. It's an entirely different genre! XD)
CURRENTLY WATCHING:
(anime) Saiunkoku Monogatari (still don’t want to finish this yet),
(dorama)
No comments:
Post a Comment