I know I mentioned that I'll be out working until the end of the month. But for some

So anyway, since Hya had some days off from training, so she went to her hometown, Butuan City. BUT! She also wanted to meet us so she committed to travel the four hours distance between our cities and spend some time here in CDO. Initially I couldn't go because I had work, but because of the
To be honest, I only HALF-wanted to go, because lately I'm just feeling like an wandering and aimless loser, so I tend to shun events like get-togethers and catching-ups because I don't really want to talk about my life right now and compare it with others, especially with my close friends. Please don't misinterpret my emo mode as being ungrateful or dissatisfied with my work right now -- IT'S NOT LIKE THAT. On the contrary, I'm very very content with my current job and lifestyle, and I feel so blessed. God has given me so so so so much that I feel so unworthy. And in my 20 months of being a physician, the past 6 months have been my happiest because I feel that what I'm doing and my being a physician has a purpose after all, and that I am actually capable of growing and improving in my profession. But despite all these, I still have this ever-present nagging feeling of unease because I do not know what I'm going to do with my life. Two years ago, I was so sure I'd go into residency training in Surgery in PGH. A year ago, I was unsure of going into residency training but I wanted to go back to PGH so in desperation found myself accepted in OB-GYNE, which I eventually turned down. Right now, I still harbor thoughts of going back to PGH, but I don't want to train at all. I have no drive anymore, and I cannot see my future. I cannot see my long term goal and destination because I'm quite discouraged and frustrated by the health system here in general. I'm praying for God's light but there is no light yet, so it often makes me wonder if I have made foolish decisions in the past and that's why I'm in my current confused state. But I know God has a perfect plan for me. Someday, I will know what I am really meant for, then we can just look back and laugh at all these emo crap. XD
Now going back to the main point of this entry... So I met up with Hya last night around 8pm in Limketkai Mall. She arrived at around 5pm, and I really planned to meet her earlier, but my sked is so messed up so I arrived really late. I immediately recognized Hya's backpack in National Bookstore and when I tapped her and said, "Hoy! Hyacinth!", I noticed that she has lost a bit of weight (thanks to the hectic lifestyle of PGH). I immediately felt a bit sad for myself because I haven't lost any weight at all. Boo-Hoo-Hoo.
Since Hya was already so hungry, so we immediately proceeded to Bigby's for dinner. We ordered a really heavy meal (ehek! XD) and we talked about various things before Shay arrived (from work! wearing a dress! and high heels! *witweew!*). Shay was late because she had to contact various hotels to reserve a room for us for the night. We initially planned to stay at Pearlmont Inn but because of the Free Mason delegates for the ANNUAL COMMUNICATIONS, most of the hotels were fully vooked [typo intended XD]. Shay told us she was able to reserve a room for us at De Luxe Hotel. Since Shay still didn't have dinner yet, so she wanted to order a light meal to keep her strict diet. However, she mistakenly ordered a HUGE PLATTER full of nachos, onion rings and fried veggie rolls, so that got us all laughing. XD
During dinner, while the three of us were all loud and boisterous, reliving the old times and catching up on each others' lives, we were surprised to see our classmates Megs, Love-Love and Robert, who also went there for dinner. All of us were once in the same classroom agonizing over the same exams, yet now we were walking different paths in life. So it was really fun meeting up with them, in such an unexpected place and occasion. It kinda made me a bit nostalgic.
So anyway, Hya, Shay and I were so full after dinner, so Shay proposed that we walk a bit. Since we seemed to be heading towards M2, and since Hya and Shay are both avid videoke-rs, I thought we were going to go out singing that night. But Shay led us to the outside of Cafe Macumba, where a live band was just starting their gig. I felt a bit conscious cos I felt so underdressed there. I was just wearing a shirt and jeans, while most of the people in the crowd were in their sexy friday night outfits. (But come to think of it, I don't own any sexy friday night outfit since #1, I'm not sexy LOL, and #2, I don't go out on friday nights... Oh well! XD). Since we were seated there, we had to order something. Shay surprised us by ordering a Vodka Mudshake (waw... mature drink!) but it was not available so she settled for a Margarita (waw... mature drink!). I was happy with my cup of coffee, and Hya just settled for an Iced Tea because her gut was crying out "gastritis!" that night. We stayed there for a while, and after finishing our drinks, and noting that it was almost midnight, we headed to our hotel to check in.
Shay was ever-generous and paid for the Executive Class hotel room (I was such a scrimp and didn't even try to "pretend" to get my wallet XD). The room has air-con, ref, cable TV, two beds, and a CR with bathtub. We spent the entire night talking and joking around while watching TV. We discussed about various things including family, love life, future plans, gossips, Twilight, Boys Over Flowers and Hana Yori Dango in general, and just about anything that we could think of. Eventually Shay fell asleep around 130am(?), while Hya and I slept at around 3 already.
This is a crappy pic of our hotel room with an "imported" model. o___0
This is the bath tub where I had my bubble bath. LMAO! J/K.
And this is the hotel room hanger which could NEVER be stolen no matter how you try. XDWe woke up around 8am, freshened up and had breakfast at around 930am. Then we went back to the room and Hya DEMANDED (lolz) that I go home and burn her some doramas to bring back, so I left the hotel some time past 12, while Hya and Shay prepared to go back to Limketkai Mall. I burned Maou, Seigi no Mikata and Koizora movie for Hya, and threw in some random scanlations as well. I wanted to give her more stuffs since I feel she might be deprived when she goes back to Manila, but I didn't have time (and blank DVDs) anymore. I went to the mall to meet up with them, and we walked Hya to a taxi that will bring her to the bus terminal. It was a sad farewell cos it might take another year for us to meet again. But I feel that somehow Hya is very happy where she is right now, no matter how toxic her workload is, and because of that I am also happy for her. And I'm very proud of her cos she is, in some way, realizing a dream which Shay and I chose not to pursue for now.
Shay and I took a taxi too, and she dropped me off at Divisoria before heading home. I went to vent out my emo energies at the local DVD stalls, where I splurged on...

Pssst... *whispers* If you take a closer look at the KHR cover, you might notice that the kid there is actually 10th Captain Hitsugaya from BLEACH! LMAO! Now you tell me why he's in KHR?!? ^____^
In fairness to me, unlike before, I have not splurged so much on DVDs these past few months. It's because I have learned to be frugal *grins* (Er no, it's actually because I've been too busy... XD). A lot of DVD titles there were actually tempting me, but I scrapped the thought of buying them since I don't want to compromise quality. Some of the titles there which caught my attention included the TW drama Hot Shots, the korean drama East of Eden, and the following animes: Skip Beat!, Spiral, Princess Princess, Gakuen Heaven, Nana, Hidamari Sketch, etc etc etc... There were just too many. But I resisted the dark temptations, and just went home with THREE DVDs. Yay-ness!
Well... that's all the update for now. ^________^
No comments:
Post a Comment