Sunday, April 26, 2009

THE FRIGHT FRUSTRATION BEFORE CHRISTMAS




I was playing The Fright Before Christmas which is an online flash game featuring Cartoon Network's characters -- Mandy, Billy and Grim -- fighting off evil toys. Each character is equipped with a specific weapon -- i.e. Mandy with an assault weapon which she throws at the enemy; Billy with a frosticle that temporarily stops the movement of enemy; and Grim with a vacuum cleaner that sucks the gear-like remnants of the toys which would serve as money to upgrade their equipment. The evil toys include red devilish balloons, mini green robots, flying teddy bears, ugly ventriloquist puppets, dolls with a propeller heads, jacks-in-the-box, and all sorts of other playthings.




The gameplay is pretty simple. You use the mouse to aim and shoot, and the space bar to change characters. It starts off really easy, but later on it will be hard to fend off the enemies that will attack you in clusters. And sometimes, even upgrading your weapon may not necessarily mean that it would improve your play because some weapons are quite difficult to manipulate. The main objective here is to ward off the evil toys and protect those eight candles from going out. It's an addicting game, and I have played it twice before, and each game would last for more than one hour (almost two...) but I never really got to finish it.

So I played again tonight, trying to see how far I'd go and hoping I'd be able to play until the end. I already played for maybe more than 90 minutes, and was quite confident because I was doing pretty well, and... in my hurried frenzy of moving the mouse to shoot at the evil toys, I ACCIDENTALLY MOVED THE CURSOR TOO FAR AND IT SOMEHOW CLICKED ON A TOTALLY UNRELATED LINK WHICH PROMPTED THE ENTIRE PAGE TO RELOAD!!! I couldn't imagine the dismay on my face when I realized my mistake. I WAS ALREADY ON LEVEL 29!!!! I can't believe I just ended my game just like that... I feel so frustrated right now!!! *cries* T__T

I really should stay away from online flash games. They are pretty useless and take up too much of my time which should have been spent on cleaning my room or watching my DVDs.

But still... I WAS ALREADY ON LEVEL 29....!!!!! *cries* T__T


No comments: