[ *Warning : Some Spoilers Ahead* ]
I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last month before I went off to work in Camiguin and pretty much enjoyed the movie. I'm quite a fan of the Harry Potter books and I've followed all the previous 5 movies, but I must say that this is perhaps my favorite adaptation among them all. Sure, a lot of the details were left out and maybe the ending leaves you a bit "hanging", but somehow I felt satisfied. I think I felt the same way when I finished the sixth book. Well, maybe not EXACTLY the same, but almost similar. I think it's because of the excitement I felt when I learned who the half blood prince is! (i'M nOt TeLLinG jOo... XD)
I've always been fond of this character since the first book, and even till the end I kept cheering him on. Dunno why I found myself attached to him. LOlz (I'm also quite attached to Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, btw! *winks*) Among the cast, I really like Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) for their portrayal of their respective roles. I think they fit into the image I had in mind for the characters, albeit Hermione and Luna may seem prettier onscreen than in the book. Teehee n__n
Then today, I went to watch Blood: The Last Vampire in the cinema. Surprisingly, only Gaisano Mall is airing it. I also found it quite strange that I have little feedback on the movie. I somehow expected something as H U G E as the BLOOD franchise, and someone as well-loved as Jeon Ji Hyun will deserve more attention. I've read and heard Suoh's thoughts of this movie, but I wanted to see and judge it myself. And honestly, I actually enjoyed it. Yes, it might not exactly be the best vampire movie, and yes, some scenes REALLY DO NEED subtitles, and yes, the fake blood and alien-like creatures could use some more improvement, but otherwise it was better than I expected (or maybe I just wasn't expecting much at all, hehe). The saving grace was perhaps Jeon Ji Hyun's portrayal of Saya. She may not speak fluid Nihonggo, and may be a bit too old and tall for the role, but she fell into the character really well. And I'm not just saying this because I'm biased. JJH really did some kick-ass swordplay and leaping actions that made me grip my seat in excitement. And when Onigen showed up onscreen, I didn't even have to see her face to know that it's Koyuki!!! I'm not her fan but I respect her as an actor. I've seen her in some doramas and she was also in The Last Samurai. The character Alice is passable. I only liked her in the end when she seemed like she's going nuts. XD The storyline is so-so but I had fun watching the train scene and the military base chase scene because they brought back memories of the OVA. The ending is a bit cheesy and corny, but the irony of it somehow made some sense to me. Overall, I felt entertained and I left the cinema feeling that it was 80 bucks well-spent.
After the movie, I went to McDonald's to meet some friends. Yume and I both decided beforehand to invite Shikakage out just so we could peek into her hoards and share her joy (TRANSLATION: see her anime/drama list and burn ourselves a copy ^____^). Shika came with Michiru and it was actually my first time to have a decent conversation with them. It felt quite awkward at first since I'm not exactly *loud* in real life. You won't see me rant and rave as much in person, hehehe. But the mood lightened up when Yume arrived from work. Soulgoodguy also came to join us later on. We talked about various stuffs like work, school, animes, kpop and our collections while munching on some burgers and twister fries (Yume ate chicken XD). I, of course, ordered a Double Cheeseburger Deluxe meal for myself. ^o^
After exchanging stuffs and thoughts, we said our thank yous and goodbyes. It's quite weird, but I ALWAYS feel a sort of sadness(?) and inadequacy whenever I meet fellow otakus IRL. No matter how huge my collection has expanded, I always feel a bit of shame because a lot of them are not data files. I also feel uneasy because I know I can never hoard enough, that others will always have some things that I don't have, and that they will always know some trivia that I don't. The generation gap also makes me feel quite out of place. So instead of feeling relieved, I actually feel more stressed when I go to activities like these because I'd end up comparing myself and always falling short. And whenever I'm distressed and confused, I then end up...
Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedding Peach, and Rainie Yang's dramas: Superstar Express, Tomorrow0______o
No comments:
Post a Comment