Monday, August 03, 2009

WAVES, WINDS WINGS, AND STORMS IN LIFE


Home again!

Got back yesterday. I was supposed to go home by Saturday, but I had to extend an extra day in Camiguin because of the strong winds and rough seas. And even when the weather calmed down a bit, it was still one helluva ride. Normally, while riding the Paras Seacat, the view is like this...



But during my last trip home, the view was like this...!


And it wasn't even raining!!! 0__o


I swear I could feel my insides being pulled up and down as the small craft rode the waves. I already took a tablet of Bonamine prior to the trip, and I had to take another one cos I really felt the need. After a while, the crew handed out plastic bags = barf bags.
I weakly smiled as I took one, and hurriedly shut my eyes, praying that the loud woosh woosh would just go away. It did not. I took a peek around and saw some passengers transfer to the center aisle seats, and some were lying down on the chairs already. I held on to my seat and hoped that I could fall asleep. I didn't. And eventually I retched into the barf bag. Thankfully, nothing came out. It took maybe an hour before we finally reached calm waters, and I fell into peaceful slumber for the next hour. I was really woozy when I arrived, but THANK GOD, I got back in one piece!

I felt a lot better when I arrived home, and as expected, sat in front of the PC again. But this time, I had a "mission" and that was to complete my collection list. I am quite proud to say that you can now view my "humble" video/manga collection online at
http://wingsofmyheart.blogspot.com.

I sense some sort of pride whenever I look at my list, but maybe to some, it's just a bunch of scraps. And maybe they're right, because I hoard TOO MUCH. Honestly, I've probably seen only about 25% of these. And I don't know if I will ever finish watching all of these in my lifetime, since I still keep on hoarding until now.

GuEsS wHaT's In ThE bOx!?!



TA-DAH! It's my HOARD COLLECTION!!!! XD


They've been (unfiled and) stashed into a box for now because we're going to move this weekend already.


Speaking of the move, we've finally decided to rent the apartment located on the 31st street. It's quite near, it's quite spacious
(4 bedrooms FTW!), and is quite new. The problem is, it's also quite expensive. But I feel safer and more at peace leaving my parents there when I'm off to work. We're tired already of wandering about, asking people, searching for a place to rent. So I think it's better this way. Money is something I can earn back anyway. But my parent's constant worrying is something I do not want to see anymore.



So in relation to this, I went to the bank this morning and opened a checking account, cos the owners want us to pay with post-dated cheques. So my Dad and I then went to see the owner, and I issued eight cheques with my signature on it. It was weird doing it, especially with my Father peering over me to see if I'll make a mistake in writing. The owners seem rather meticulous with their transaction with us, even giving us a contract of lease to sign. I guess that's for their own protection as well.

After lunch, I went to the cable company, the phone company and my ISP to request for transfer of their lines to our new address. The cable company charged 500pHp for the service, the phone company 300pHp, and BayanDSL a whopping 2500pHp!!! I felt my heart sank when the clerk at BayanDSL told me about the fee. I asked her if there's any chance I'd get a discount on it, since I'm relatively a new subscriber and I just recently paid for the installation fee. She said that it's a fixed price and they'll just bill me the fee once everything has been placed in order. I felt helpless sitting there knowing that I can do nothing but agree to their terms. It hasn't been a year yet since I started subscribing to BayanDSL, so I also don't have the option to terminate my subscription.

It was then that I somehow felt so drained and empty. I went to the bookstore to calm myself, and ALMOST bought GRAVITATION the novel. I placed it back after thinking twice, but ended up impulsively buying THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA hardbound novel instead. I also ate Lasagna at Greenwich and thought it was nothing special. Then I bought dinner for my parents and went home.

When I got home, I related to my Mom what happened the entire day, and somehow burst into tears while telling her that I've almost drained out my savings account already. What's left in my bank account right now has already been promised for something else, and the rest is just the maintaining balance. I haven't received my salary in Camiguin yet because of some discrepancies, and I will have to work my ass off in Malaybalay come Friday to make sure that my cheques won't bounce. I actually didn't want to worry my Mother and didn't want them to think that I was being calculating or that I was paying for the rent grudgingly. I was not (although I may sound bitter and all). It's just that the feeling of seeing all my hard-earned money, painstakingly being saved for the past 9 months, gone down the drain in just one day somehow caught me off guard. I didn't want my Mom to feel guilty or worried, and perhaps I made her feel that way when I cried. I didn't want to cry. The tears just came. And she unintentionally fueled the pain by saying, "Your uncle asked when are you planning to go into residency?", to which I replied, "How will I do that when I don't have any money?!"

I am so mean and horrible!!! T___T I am so sorry... I'm so sorry I acted that way. It was such a bad thing to say, and it was bad to cry and mull over something as petty as money.

I can earn it back again anyway. This is just a mountain in my life which I will overcome. GOD will see me through this storm.




No comments: