Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SPARE ME THE CROCODILE TEARS!



... is what I would’ve wanted to tell the nurse who borrowed money from me. I was already mentally preparing my "little speech" on responsibility and shamelessness since it’s already been 4 days past the date she promised to pay up. But this morning, she told me she was going to withdraw from the bank, and when she came back this afternoon, she secretly handed me my cash.

I tried to appear nonchalant about it, but when I got back to my room, I immediately counted if I got the right amount. It was PhP2000 alright, plus something else. She added an extra 100 bucks! What am I supposed to do with THIS!?! I am no sleazeball five-six loanshark trying to bamboozle off my hospital staff! I immediately went out of my room to return her money but learned that she had already gone home. I’ll just return the money tomorrow.

HONESTLY! Am I supposed to feel better about this!? Is this some sort of reverse psychology!?! Now I seem like some petty corrupt crook! I do feel relieved though that she paid up, and hope against all hopes that she won’t do it again. When she handed me the money, I somehow got the impression that she wanted to wink and say, "SA UULITIN!"

That would really be so darn creepy!!!


No comments: