Thursday, October 01, 2009

HOW MY DAY WENT FROM RIGHT TO WRONG, THEN FROM WRONG TO RIGHT



Today’s trip home was a deviation from the norm.

I was supposed to leave the hospital early because I planned to drop by a lawyer’s office to get a Special Power of Attorney, and then drop by the Budget Office in Mambajao to get my paycheck before I take the 4pm fast craft home. Sounds like a smooth and easy plan right? Yet everything just went totally wrong!!! 0___o

First the driver was a bit late. Then we waited for the midwife who knew the way to the lawyer’s house, but she didn’t arrive on time so I told the driver we’ll just pick her up from their house. It turned out that she wasn’t prepared yet! When we got to her place at almost 3pm, she was still taking a bath! Since I was in a hurry, I told her that we can do this some other time, but she insisted that we do it already and eventually got into the vehicle with us. The lawyer’s house was a bit far but it was along the way to Mambajao anyway so we still went. However, we learned that the lawyer wasn’t home so we hurriedly proceeded to the Budget Office. It took me only around 10 minutes to get my check, then we were breezing through the highway headed straight towards the Benoni pier. The long drive from Catarman to Mambajao took more time than usual though and so when we got to the port, I was just in time to see the Paras Seacat riding the waves gracefully.

And there goes my ride home. T____T

Because I was still with the driver and the midwife, I tried to appear unaffected and just cheerfully told them that I’ll be fine taking the barge home. I went to buy a ticket, and learned that it’s already for the last trip, which leaves at 6pm! I frowned, remembering the last time I took the last barge trip home. I had to wait for two hours in Balingoan for the bus that time and arrived at CDO past 11pm already! I was so not looking forward to going home so late, especially since I was wrestling with my two heavy luggages. But I didn’t have any choice.

Sitting forlornly in the ferry, seeing that I still got almost 2 hours of waiting time, I fished out the hard copy of Breaking Dawn from my bag and finished the last 100 pages of Bella-nonsense that I’ve been putting off. By the time I closed the book, dusk was already settling in. Twilight, I thought to myself. How fitting. (*rolls eyes*)
I tried to kill time by texting, while crossing my fingers and wishing that by some miracle, I’d get home by 10pm. Fat chance of that happening!

And then... I saw him. And he saw me. Our eyes met, And everything changed. (LMAO!)

It was one of the med reps who covers for Camiguin. The one whom I hadn’t seen for the past week. I think I didn’t even see him last month. (Oh, and that would simply mean I forgot all about his products already XD). He waved and hurried to sit next to me. We chitchatted for a while, and he offered me a ride home in his car to which I immediately agreed to. I absolutely had no desire to wait for two more hours for the bus ride home.

He moved to another seat closer to the TV. When the ticket inspectors came, he waved at me asking if I paid already. I waved my ticket back to him, indicating that I’ve already got one. The ticket officer then approached me, took my ticket, and gave me back my money. She told me that the med rep already paid for both of us. I thought it’s probably best to decline, but then decided otherwise and just pocketed back my money. That’s Php135 saved. Yay-ness!

When we got to the port of Balingoan, he offered to carry my bag because I guess it was the chivalrous thing to do. Then we went to get his car, and off we went whizzing down the highway. I had a very good feeling I was going to get home safer and earlier than expected, and that I won’t appear as haggard-looking as I imagined myself to be. Around halfway down to CDO, he stopped in a resto and ordered dinner for us. I was hoping we’d just go home already, but I guess he must’ve been so hungry by then. Anyway, it was charged to their company so I didn’t really feel guilty about digging in the Bulalo, Inihaw and Kinilaw.

The rest of the ride home took less than an hour, and I didn’t bother pretending to feel embarrassed or anything when he offered to drop me off in front of our gate. I was very glad to have a convenient (and free) ride home and was thankful that he was opportunely there. GOD must really love me so much to provide me this good fortune. THANK YOU LORD!

It was exactly 945pm when I got home. My good friend Lalac then texted me saying that she was on her way to my house. We had made plans earlier to meet and I thought we would just have to cancel the appointment because my trip home was delayed. But since I got home relatively "earlier" (hey, I expected to get home past 11!) so we pushed through with our plans to see each other. I haven’t seen Lalac for quite some time, and it was also her first time to visit our new apartment. It was also her first time to bring along and let me meet her BOYFRIEND. I just took a peek cos I thought it would be rude to stare. LOLz

Lalac took my two guitars home with her. Since I hardly play the guitar anymore (heck, I’m not even good with it! XD), I have decided to sell one of them to her. Lalac is great with musical instruments and I’m sure she’ll take good care of my acoustic guitar. My other guitar (which is a classical type) was damaged, and she volunteered to fix it for me. I’m sad that it was broken and I hope she’ll get it fixed. I also sold her one of my Sony Ericsson cellphones, but I’m not sure if she’ll buy it. She said she’ll check it out tonight and decide tomorrow if she’ll purchase it.

Yes, I know. I’m now so POOR I’m already starting to sell my things! LOLz!

To end this crazy day, I’m now copying Shikakage’s anime files into my computer so that I can return her DVDs tomorrow later. I got the following titles from her:
Azumanga Daioh
Code Geass
Code Geass R2
Gundam Seed Character Theater
Haibane Renmei
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Magikano
Major Seasons 1-4
SCRYED
I haven’t watched these yet, and will probably not watch these anytime soon. I am just in a hoard mode right now. Hehehe Getting some much needed zzz’s after this!


gOoDnIgHt!!! ^________^


No comments: