Saturday, May 01, 2010

DON'T MAKE LABOR DAY JOKES!


Last night, I was already feeling smug because I was scheduled to leave Camiguin by morning. I was telling my nurses that they should expect a lot of OB patients today because it is "LABOR" Day. It was an old joke I like to crack which often receives a lot of giggles. It was probably a bad idea though, cos after that, I had to admit not just one, but TWO walk-in OB patients, and had to wait until their babies were delivered! Plus add 3 more new admissions, and that means NO DECENT SLEEP on my last night of duty. :c

Boo. 0__o

I left Camiguin around 1PM. I took the barge-bus route instead of the usual fast craft because I didn't want to wait until 4PM. It was a good thing I met one of our previous nurses while boarding the barge, so time flew faster as we chatted about work and stuffs. It was also easier to get a seat on the bus because of my companion. I arrived in CDO around 430PM.

I had a quick Jollibee lunch at home, then went off to buy ballpens for work tomorrow. Then I texted my korean employer before, asking her if she still needed my assistance. She actually contacted me early this week asking me if I can hook a bottle of IV fluid for her elderly churchmate. She was quick to text back saying that she'll pick me up and then we went off to buy the necessary materials. I brought my Mom along cos I know she's interested to meet korean people. After doing my job (and being awestruck of their enormous mansion), my Mom and I then went to the mall to meet up with my Dad and have dinner at Bigby's. Then we went home.

Now I'm so tired but I still have to get ready for work tomorrow. I actually don't want to go on duty tomorrow (just right after I got home from 10 days of work from Camiguin!), but there's no one else to cover for my two colleagues, who are off to Manila to attend the Philippine College of Physicians (PCP) Convention. I actually wanted to go too, but nobody else would be left to go on duty in the hospital. I figured I needed the money anyway.

I'll try to blog more often this week. But right now, I really need some much needed shut-eye.

No comments: