MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS 2010!
Traveling by bus from my workplace to my house takes more than two hours. I was a bit worried yesterday cos I was not too sure if I could get a ride since almost all of the buses were full as almost everyone's just rushing to get home for the holidays. Good thing a friend of mine was driving back to CDO so I got to hitch and was home by 6pm.
My sister also arrived the day before from Cebu so I was really excited and happy cos my family's complete. My aunt (Ah-e) also came, and we had a simple dinner. Gift-giving is not our tradition but my sister and I surprised our parents by preparing some presents for them. My Papa got a shirt from me and a sling bag from my sis; Mama got pajamas from me and flipflops from my sis; and I got a huge and absolutely adorable panda pillow from my sis and she got pajamas (pink with panda prints!) from me. We also unwrapped the gifts sent by my boyfriend♥ -- Christmas mugs + Cocoa for my family and a "gravity-defying" book for me. Then we took crazy pictures of ourselves in our cramped apartment. It was so much fun! The rest of the night was spent watching TV and facebook-ing. XD My parents went to sleep early but my sis and I were still up to see the fireworks set by the neighbors. They were really pretty~
I got the flu so most of Christmas eve and Christmas day were spent sleeping. (I know, I'm THAT boring! XD) Been sick the past 3 days -- always feeling feverish, with very bad colds, a developing cough and I also lost my voice! But I've been holding it in cos I just couldn't leave my work in the hospital yet. It's really ironic how I can devote all my time to treating patients yet don't have the time to treat myself. That's what they probably mean by vocation. Anyway, last night I've started drinking a whole bunch of medicines (many thanks to my supply of samples) so I hope I get well real soon.
This season, I'm just so much thankful for all the greetings and warm wishes, for the material and immaterial gifts, and for my family and the special memories we made. But most importantly, let us never forget and forever be grateful for the true meaning of CHRISTmas, and that is the celebration of how great our Awesome God loves us, so great that He came down to become human like us, and die on the cross for our every sin so that we may be saved. Let us always be reminded of this love and let us give back our adoration to our God and share this blessing to all the people around us. May the spirit of CHRISTmas be always in our hearts, not just today but every single day of our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment