Monday, December 20, 2010

A DATE WITH TWO FRIENDS + CIRCUS CHARLIE (watch out for the blue monkey!)


I have a co-resident in the hospital named Lousyl whom I've worked with since late 2009. She's just about a year younger than me, and two batches lower than me in med school, but I didn't know her at all until we got to work together. At first I thought she was the outgoing egotistical type, but later realized that she's really just a sweet and simple girl who has a big heart for God and her family. We have a lot of interests in common so we became good friends.

Last Saturday, we had the opportunity to go out on a "date". The original plan was just her and me, but I brought along my friend Gervie cos I wanted them to be friends too. They got along real fine. ^o^ We met at Limketkai Mall, had a hearty lunch at Bigby's then went to SM to watch a movie. We were supposed to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D but only Tron was available in 3D and we didn't want to watch it. So we settled in for the "normal" Narnia movie. Gervie already saw the film (in 3D!) so he didn't go with us anymore. I've also watched it, but didn't mind watching it again. After the movie, we met up with Gervie at National Bookstore and saw several books on sale, so we started hoarding again. The three of us just love books!

It was around 6pm already by this time, and I knew Lousyl had to leave by 7pm cos she lives somewhere in Bukidnon, and has to take an almost 2-hour bus ride to get home. But then my family called me up and said that they were also in the mall. Grabbing the opportunity, I decided to treat them all - my parents, my 2 aunts and my 2 friends - for dinner. Lousyl agreed to go home a bit later than planned, and so we went back to Limketkai to eat at MOOON Cafe.

Say Cheese!
(Somehow I feel like a third wheel here... and what's with my messy hair! XD)


After dinner, my mom, 2 aunts and I wanted to make a quick stop at a stall in the second floor of Robinson's, so we hurried up their escalator which was this flat type thing (imagine an escalator without steps similar to those in airports). I noticed that the handrail on the right side was not moving and had several "NONFUNCTIONAL" signs pasted on it. I turned to warn my mom and aunts against holding on that defective rail, but was too late as I saw one of my aunts make this sort of backflip then fell flat on her butt. She couldn't find her balance and was still holding on to the non-moving rail despite me yelling at her to let go of it. In desperation, my other aunt went to help her stand, but (alas!) she too held on to the broken rail! And she fell forward and sort of sprawled on my aunt#1 and then did a sort of strange roll over while one of her slippers flew up the air! Both of them could no longer stand and I panicked cos I thought maybe their clothes got stuck in the escalator or something so I hurried towards them but realized in frustration that I was not going anywhere near them since we were still moving upward. All of these weirdness happened in just a few seconds but at that time it really felt like such a long time. Our commotion caught the attention of several bystanders, and these two muscular guys from the ground floor rushed to help my poor aunts up. A saleslady from a food stall also ran up in panic response (and abandoned her stall! XD) We were so grateful for all their help! When we reached the second floor, we just couldn't help but laugh and feel embarrassed over what happened! And guess what aunt#1 had the guts to say after all that?!:
"Why didn't you take a picture of us while we were still sprawled down there!?"
0____o

My two aunties totally did crazy stunts in Robinson's escalator reminiscent of Circus Charlie!!! XD


Lousyl had to leave already so Gervie drove her to the bus terminal. My family and I then went to the newly-opened Starbucks to complete those friggin' stickers. It was our first time to go there, yet we were dismayed cos we couldn't find any seats! I somehow have the impression that majority of the people there were posers and were just there for show, and that kinda irked me cos we were customers who wanted to drink good coffee! After waiting for like 15 minutes, the mall started shooting fireworks and so the seated customers ran to watch the display, and we immediately ran to grab their seats (sneaky~ ^o^). I ordered their hot Christmas Peppermint Mocha coffee and for the first time in my life appreciated how delicious Starbucks coffee really is. Service was a bit slow though as all the baristas had their hands full serving all those posers. Gervie came back in a while, and he pointed to me several members from CDOtaku (Yume, Hanya, Aylarox Kumicho, Kookee etc etc etc) who just arrived as well. I also met Ninez, a college classmate. We said our quick HELLOs and our GOODBYEs since it was already so late. Gervie (who became our official driver of the day) then took me and my family home.

After such a long day, it was no wonder that we just simply crashed on our beds. Our bodies were all tired but we were grateful for the fun and the memories.


1 comment:

misakichan said...

LOL Ate Yen... :) the food's great plus there's not many choices for good food here. even when hya came here last year and this year, we also ate at bigby's! XD