I went to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 today. It's been so long since I've watched the 6th movie and even much longer since I've read the book! I felt kinda stupid sitting so tense and agitated there in the cinema cos I could only vaguely remember the events that would come next. I love the Harry Potter franchise, but I don't have the books. And I think to fully attach yourself to this wonderful magical tale that J.K. Rowling has created, you need to read and re-read the books. There's just too much substance within it that a single read would not suffice to absorb all of its goodness. No matter how a lot of people protest and beg to disagree, I really think that the Harry Potter series is awesome literature that will definitely go down in reading history much like The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.
I'll keep this entry short since I really don't want to go into a recap and I also don't want to spoil. But most of this film focuses on our three teenage protagonists -- Harry, Ron and Hermione -- and their travels to find the horcruxes. As usual I marvel at how pretty Emma Watson has grown and just how perfect she is as Hermione Granger, but was sad that Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman didn't get much airtime as Bellatrix Lestrange and Severus Snape, respectively. As previously mentioned, these are three of my most favorite characters in the HP movie franchise. I was also impressed with the graphics they made for the story of the deathly hallows. Overall, I immensely enjoyed the film, laughed at some funny scenes and lines, and couldn't help but shed a tear for our brave and heroic Dobby. The movie was long (almost 3 hours) and ended with a Voldemort scene. (BTW, I love Ralph Fiennes as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named too cos he makes the Dark Lord so deliciously HOT! ^0^) Even though I knew this was only the first part, but I still couldn't help but cuss as I realized that I have to wait until July 2011 for the second half.
7 months is like so freakin' long, but then it would also mean that the Harry Potter movies will now come to its inevitable end. Oh the irony of it! It's like eagerly awaiting for the day which you do not want to arrive.

No comments:
Post a Comment