"Even if I come to know everything because my memory comes back,
I'd still... like to come over and play sometimes."
I do a lot of mindless right click-download on random torrent files, and one of my chance downloads is 2008's U-Turn, which is a korean mini-drama/car advertisement/music video starring So Ji Sub and Lee Yeon Hee. Ji Sub's a recording producer/personnel here, and one night, he discovers a strange girl in his car's trunk. He then tries to help the girl find out who she is. It's only 4 episodes, and each is just about 5 minutes long only, so I finished watching it right away. It's quite a simple story, though a bit clichéd (and freaky? XD). But I also thought it was satisfying, artfully done, and with great music to boot.
This is Ji Sub's comeback "drama" after his military service. The first time I saw him was on Glass Shoes, where my Mom and I cried and bawled over a tragic family tale which lasted for 40 episodes! Then I saw him in the psycho-tale, Memories in Bali. I gradually learned to develop a liking for him and his incredible acting, and although he is really TOO chinky but I think it adds to his charm. After watching U-Turn, I remembered that I still have yet to watch more of Ji Sub's series. No, I won't download anymore, but will need to hunt for Thousand Years of Love, I'm Sorry I Love You (I thought I have this but I actually don't!) and watch my copy of Cain and Abel SOON.

No comments:
Post a Comment