Sunday, December 12, 2010

NOT JUST ANOTHER SUNDAY


"We have nothing if not belief..." -
Reepicheep


This morning, I went with Gervie to Inside Out, which is the youth service of Golden City Alliance Fellowship. It was my first time to attend their service, although I have always been interested since our friend Glen also goes there (though she was absent today). It was a refreshing change to be in such a youth-packed group, and I was also blessed by today's message on The Parable of the Lost Sons. I have, once again, realized my sinfulness and my lack of faith, yet I am, once again, reminded of how great and amazing our God is, how easily He forgives us, and how much He so freely showers us with His love! Praise GOD!

After the service, we went back home to fetch my parents and then had a sumptuous lunch at Bigby's. We didn't really have any definite plans so we just walked around Limketkai Mall. Later, Gervie and I saw A LOT of books on sale at National Bookstore, so we freaked out and splurged. I bought Michael Crichton's Pirate Latitudes (Php75), William Golding's Lord of the Flies (PhP50), and Gregory Maguire's Son of a Witch (Php30! WTF!?!!). Gervie also bought a whole stack of books, including the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy volumes 2-5, which I'll just borrow later on. My parents and I decided to watch a movie at Gaisano, so we parted with Gervie from there.


We watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This is undeniably my most favorite book in the series, and although it's a very inaccurate adaptation but it's also perhaps my most favorite Narnia movie so far. I love how magical and adventure-packed this film is, and I am pleased with how Edmund and Lucy has grown up so beautifully. And oh my, Prince Caspian!♥ ... were you always this gorgeously hot and delicious (ahem!) good looking!? XD I enjoyed Reepicheep's antics, he's always been so lovable! We also have our new kid Eustace Scrubb, whom at first I really didn't like and thought was not fit for the role. But later on I find myself liking him in the same way that his character in the book grew on me. He is actually my most favorite character in the book, and the movie version was quite likeable as well. So I think I will look forward to seeing him reprise his role in the next movie, which I think they were hinting when they mentioned Jill Pole's name in the end.

My most favorite quote in the movie was what Aslan told Lucy when they were facing the mirror. I had it memorized but now I forgot. XD But it was about valuing yourself and being beautiful just by who you are. The above picture is my most favorite scene: As Aslan approached, I had the impression that the dragon tried to back off a bit and hide its face. And then we just simply see him physically breaking down. This brought me to tears, as I imagined that it would probably be a similar reaction when we will face our God. We will surely fall on our knees and try to hide ourselves, because no matter who we are in this earth, we are just not worthy of His glorious presence. And yet, without a word, His love will just simply break down our sinfulness. GOD IS INDEED SO AMAZING!!! ^___^

After the movie, my parents and I had an eat-all-you-can dinner before heading home. It had been a long day, but it was rather fulfilling and I felt really blessed.


No comments: