Tuesday, February 07, 2012

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!!?!?

January 30 - Bus Travel (3 hours) ; Hospital (24 hours duty)
January 31 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 1 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 2 - Hospital (8 hours duty)
February 3 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 4 - Hospital (8 hours duty)
February 5 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 6 - Bus Travel (3 hours) ; Company Clinic (2 hours duty)
February 7 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 8 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 9 - Company Clinic (16 hours duty)
February 10 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 11 - * OFF *
February 12 - * OFF *
February 13 -
Bus Travel (3 hours) ; Hospital (24 hours duty) 
February 14 - Hospital (8 hours duty)
February 15 - Hospital (24 hours duty)
February 16 - Hospital (8 hours duty); Bus Travel (4.5 hours)
February 17 - Company Clinic (16 hours duty)
February 18 - 
Company Clinic (16 hours)
*edited sked 


For the life of me, I don't know how I ended up with this work schedule! It's not like I'm obsessed with my job or that I'm in dire need of money! But here it is, my ultimate suicidal work sked. (Well, I used to do alternate 24h-8h shifts for 36 days too, but that didn't include frequent traveling by bus!)


For the first three days, I didn't have a resident partner at work so our Internal Medicine consultant volunteered to help me out. Still, it was quite embarrassing to have your consultant do the measly jobs, so I kinda volunteered to go on that 72hour duty. The mornings were busy, but I got to sleep a few hours at night, albeit I was being called every now and then whenever patients arrived in the ER. It was pretty stressful and so whenever I had the chance (and not asleep), I drank successive cups of vendo-machine coffee and played my PSP. I am a living evidence that getting drunk on caffeine while violently tapping PSP buttons to Uta no Prince-sama Music is a guaranteed way to keep the mind alert and focused!!! It does have a limit though, and by the third night I was so groggy that I could no longer understand what I was doing. There was this instance when a nurse referred something to me, and I swear, I must have stared for more than 15 minutes at the patient's chart and all I could see were imaginary Δ [] X buttons which I kept pressing with my fingers. The nurse must have been flabbergasted with mouth agape!!! >__<;


Despite the crazy days, the toothaches, the headaches and the feverish spells, I somehow survived the first part of this ordeal. I just need to hang on for a couple of days, and hopefully by the end of this wretched sked, I can finally watch some animes, do some sketches, blog some more, and get a much deserved rest.


2 comments:

suoh12 said...

This is indeed a suicide schedule. I cannot imagine myself functioning well with little or no sleep at all for days. I applaud you for your unbelievable stamina level!

Chi'lin said...

ga "hikog" ka? ~pochan