Yesterday night I had the golden opportunity to meet up with two of my closest friends from high school to have some late coffee. Since we haven't seen each other for quite some time, we got around to talking about various things - family, work, friends, God, and eventually got into some personal stuffs. It got to a point when one of them said, "This one person made me feel jealous, but the Bible says 'Love is not jealous'. I realized this: that she brought out the best in me. But she also brought out the worst in me." For some reason, those lines struck me hard and deep. When I got home, that thought haunted me even long after I've fallen asleep.
For most people this would just seem like a random car sticker. For the not-so-trained eye, they'll probably recognize this as the Chinese character, Ai, for "Love". The beauty of Chinese characters is that they are complex yet meaningful. In the center of Ai is actually another character, Xin, for "Heart", perhaps indicating that the heart is central in love. The person who stuck this decal on his taxi is obviously not Chinese (and perhaps an idiot), because he flipped the middle part, making the entire character erroneous.
When the HEART isn't right, the LOVE is all wrong.



1 comment:
Either he flipped the middle part, or the small stroke on the left (the first stroke you make when writing ”xin”) fell off? XD
Post a Comment