Thursday, November 30, 2006

HOW TO EXCISE A BREAST MASS AND OTHER TALES OF GOO


After my 2 weeks of benign-ness in Rehab Med, I've shifted again to a major department -- SURGERY. This should be exciting. It was my most favorite rotation in clerkship after all, and if God is willing, it might be my future as well. ^____^ I so love the operating room!!! But we will save the OR rants for next time, since I'm still ER intern for the next two weeks. XD

So as Surgery ER intern, my posts are as follows:
PREDUTY : See as many patients and chart as fast as you can at the OPD! Actually, I'm getting fed up of doing so many rectal exams and palpating for countless groin hernias. I'm 24 and I've already 'touched' so many men, young and old alike. XD *rofl
DUTY : ER! Examine all the battered women, suture all those laceratioons, and insert lines on all those acute abdomen patients! I love the emergency room, but we don't have enough chairs so most of the time we are standing. XD We can sit when we are at the triage though, hehehe
POSTDUTY : After my crazy come-what-may 24 hours at the ER, I am to proceed immediately to the Minor OR to excise whatever it is that is lying on the OR table -- be it a sebaceous cyst, breast mass, lipoma, etcetera. Yesterday was my first time to excise a breast mass and I was really freaked out because I didn't know if what I'm doing is right. And my suturing is still crooked. XD But I hope to do better next time. Ganbatte, Misaki! XD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I'm at MSD now... It's an internet center for research purposes of the residents and staff here at the hospital, but I'm always here to blog and download anime mp3s. XD It's shameless of me. But the connection is really good... And it's free... XD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


CDOtakus has transferred to a new home! We finally have our own domain: www.cdotaku.com. YEY!!! Many thanks to tensai and haku-sama for all their efforts, and for all the members who are always so active. I have always harbored a grateful heart for my CDOtaku family who has made my dream and vision for an otaku society in CDO come true. YEY! Too bad I have to be here when all the excitement is going on over there. I so want to fly home right now to see how their booth for the XU Days will look like. I hope the exposure will open CDOtakus to many japanese anime/games/language/culture-related opportunities and activities in CDO.

Our next goal is: AniCon in CDO!!! And yes, we will invite Sakamoto Maaya AND Utada Hikaru. BOTH of them. LOL *rofl

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Hya told me yesterday that I have to find a certain Anesthesiology resident who has a fervent fandom for Japanese doramas! Amazing that you can actually find people like that (like us! LOL) within the walls of this colorless world (aka hospital XD). This anesthesiology resident was allegedly caught in the act (LOL) by Hya watching Kami-sama Mou Sukoshi Dake during an ongoing operation. LOL This then started their animated conversation regarding Japanese doramas and music. XD This resident apparently has extensive knowledge on Japanese terebi doramas, Kimura Takuya, Utada Hikaru, L'arc-en-ciel, and even Gackt <3, among many other things. Hya said it was just like talking to an old friend, or even to a "male version of me". And that's why I must find this person.

My match, huh? We'll see about that. XD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I started watching Densha Otoko during my last Rehab duty (last saturday) but I only watched till episode 4. I still have to finish the rest, maybe this weekend. It's really a great dorama so expect me to write about it next time (assuming I have the time, that is, LOL). I hope I can finish it this weekend. By the way, GOOD NEWS!!! I'm off again this weekend! *evil laughter BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA* And I'm off next Saturday as well. YEY!! But I'm shifting intern next week, and I'll probably be on duty on Christmas Day. But hopefully not on New Year as well. *sigh* It really doesn't matter. The point is: I'm not going home this Holiday season, so I don't really care if I'm on duty or if I'm stuck in the dorm all alone with no water supply. Hya is going home. Leslie is going home. James is going home. I am not. I don't even know when I'm going home. Or if I can still go home.

I live such a crazy life.

And this is another crazy blog entry. XD

No comments: