- the greatest adventure story ever told -
BGM : Bump of Chicken – Sailing Day (One Piece OST) – played to the nth time and Atsumi Saori – Mou Sukoshi... Mou Sukoshi... (Midori no Hibi OST) – also played to the nth time XD
DAY 1 : November 18, 2006 (Saturday)
TOEI CON
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I woke up still feeling a bit sick, but more importantly, feeling all excited and set to go on my first anicon experience! XD I was supposed to meet Suoh-san at McDonald’s – Quezon Ave at 830am (but I was a bit late XD). After breakfast, I thought we were going to get a taxi to Libis as planned *starts counting transpo money in the head*, but I was surprised to find out that Suoh-san brought a car! *goes teary-eyed T.T* I had been so sad and distressed the previous days because I realized that I’d be missing out on the cosplay/bands because I would need to leave the con early in order to catch the LRT. And Suoh-san actually knew about this, but never said anything, not even during breakfast!!! All that worrying for nothing... XD Suoh-san then nonchalantly said something like, “Well if I don’t bring a car, then how are we able to finish the con and go home by 10?” When I heard this, I was stifling a giggle (sorry XD) because I thought Suoh-san was trying to sound cool. XD But I was really so delighted and happy at the fact that we had transpo and I can go home late and finish the con! YEY! *claps hands* YEY! *claps hands* YEY! Suoh-san, arigatouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! YEY! ^_____^
So we were off to Eastwood City in Libis (wherever that is XD) and I noticed that it was really quite far... XD When we arrived, we were just in time to catch the parade. I tried to take a picture but my photography skills are poor. XD

The Toei bus is the cutest of all!
This pic of kawaii little(?) me standing beside the bus is one of personal favorites! XD

Then we went to the central part of the area where they have set up a stage surrounded by a few booths. There were already quite a number of people around (otakus like me!!! *teary eyes*) and then there was a ribbon cutting ceremony officially opening the con. The program started with people from Enchanted Kingdom dancing to Nanka Shiawase (Rekka no Honou OP theme) after which another dance number featuring Jollibee (cosplaying as himself XD) followed. Then there was also a drum and bugle presentation by some young people.

We then went around the area to look at the booths, and I was disappointed (but I tried not to show it) because there were only a few, and most of which just showed the 20-year history of Toei Animation Philippines. They had nice tarpaulins though, and my most favorite is the Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten tarp.

I wanted to take my picture beside it, but the area was off limits. *sigh* There was also a booth where you can make good use of your fifty bucks either by a) getting something painted on your face, or b) coloring your hair with washable hair spray! I actually wanted to color my hair bright pinku but I was shy... *makes cute face* XD There was also a booth where Suoh-san was ogling the Wacom drawing tablets on display. XD There were also booths that showed works of aspiring animators.

Then we went to see the contests/activities going around us. There was a drawing contest for age 20 and below, cell painting, and clay animation.

Then after a while they asked some trivia questions and gave out prizes and freebies. I didn’t plan on going home empty handed so I fought with little kids and big kids alike to get the following stuffs:

10 Dragonball filmstrips(?), 2 Toei Anniversary postcards, 1 One Piece postcard, 1 Gaiking(?) postcard and 4 Powerpuff Girls Z postcards. I wasn’t able to get the Pretty Cure and Dragonball postcards even when I already lined up for three times! XD
Suoh-san and I then went to eat lunch at McDo (again XD) and when we went back, we realized we missed the kids cosplay! Awww... I actually wanted to see the group cosplaying as Battle Royale. *sigh* Anyway, other cosplayers dressed up as Toei characters from Sailormoon, One Piece, Slam Dunk, Ojamajo Doremi, Dragonball, etc. I actually don’t know who won. Teehee But I had my pic taken with these guys.

Then I guess we kinda got bored, so we just sat in one corner waiting for the dubbing contest to start. We then saw this guy walking slowly back and forth in front of us and recognized him from Silent Hill – except that he was just wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals! XD I was so amused that I just had to approach him and ask him if I could have my pic taken with him. He didn’t reply but simply nodded. *claps hands* So cute!!! ^o^

The dubbing contest then started around 4pm, and since I’m not really a fan of dubbed animes, I was really skeptical to watch this part of the program. But for the lack of better things to do, I tried to enjoy it... and I actually did! It was actually not an easy task to do, and the contestants were probably just in their late teens, but they were pretty good, especially the girl who won. She had very good timing, was very skillful in varying her voice, and was witty and quick to think of a punchline. They were given cash as prizes. XD
The most fun part – the group cosplay! – started after the dubbing contest. It was already around 6pm then, and Suoh-san and I were lucky to get chairs! ^o^ I won’t describe the groups one by one (there were 9 of them!), but suffice it to say that I had perhaps one of the most enjoyable times of my entire 24 years of existence! XD It was after all my first time to see a real cosplay, and the groups who presented really gave an all-out effort in preparations. I kept laughing all throughout the night! XD The group which won first place – dressed up as characters from the sentai Shaider – were really deserving winners. They had great costumes, very well prepared choreography, and even had a (what did Sarah say it was?) with blinking red eyes. And in fairness, I thought the guy who played Alexis and the girl who played Annie looked like those Japanese actors in old sentai series. XD The other winners were equally deserving as well, and were also my favorites. The second place went to a group of mechas (ah, what were they called again?) fighting a Godzilla-like monster. And to make themselves look bigger, they made small buildings and infrastructures out of styro (so creative!! XD). One of the most unforgettable punchlines there was the MEGAMALL ATTACK! where one of the mechas whacked the monster with a building which was supposedly Megamall. *roflmao* XD The third place went to the Saint Seiya group in their gleaming gold costumes. They were a funny bunch who even had a video clip and had a scene where they all danced to the classic videoke song, GOLD. *giggles and remembers Dr Ybanez* XD A personal favorite which did not make it to the top three was the group called Straw Hat Pirates who cosplayed characters from One Piece. This group was rowdy and hardly had any background audio nor delivered lines, but what they lacked, they made up with their awesome costumes and great fighting choreography. They even displayed peculiar stunts which entertained and impressed all of us. I really liked that group. *thinks* Oh, and one more thing, there was also a Digimon team which danced to Hare Hare Yukai (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu ED theme). *claps hands* XD Most of the audience probably didn’t get it, but those who did (like us!!! XD) were very amused. XD Sorry I wasn’t able to take any pictures. Because the cosplayers kept moving, the pictures all came out as a blur. XD But here’s a pic of the winning group with Michael V (on the far left), who was one of the judges.

By the way, in between the group skits, were live performances by bands. It was so cool!!! For the first time in my life, I felt like I was in a place where I belonged – people were singing my kind of music and everyone sang along with them. Nobody was weird. *teary eyes* Out of the 5 (or were there 6?) bands that performed, my favorites are Progeny (they sang Rose from Nana!! XD), Himitsu Heiki (powerful vocals!) and *bows in admiration* NeOtaku!!!! NeOtaku is awesome! I’ve always read about them in magazines, and I guess I am lucky to be able to hear them live. ^o^ They are sooooo cool!!! And the lead singer (the one with a plaid skirt over his pants) is soooooo cute!! I want to take him home!!!! ^_________^ <3 <3 <3

The TOEI con ended around 11 and Suoh-san drove me back to PGH. Sooooooooooo faaaaaaaaarrrr awaaaaaaayyyyy. XD I think it was almost 12mn when I reached the dorm. I was very tired, but very happy. But the fun was still far from finished...
DAY 2 : November 19, 2006 (Sunday)
H3 CON
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I almost was not able to wake up, but good thing my roommate woke me up. Hehe ^o^ Suoh-san and I met up outside PGH (Jollibee!) and went this time to the World Trade Center by taxi (awww, no more car... XD) for the Hataw! Hanep! Hero 2006 Anime Convention. It was already the second day of the H3Con, since it already started the day before, and we were crossing our fingers that it will be as enjoyable as the Toei Con. When we arrived, we had to go through a registration area where we were immediately given a goodie bag (or lootbag, whatever you want to call it XD), which contained a random Naruto poster (Suoh-san got a wallscroll! *envy*), a Mirmo de Pon magnet, an H3Con sticker, and a snack from Oishi.

When we entered the hall, we were like grinning from ear to ear. What we missed boothwise in the Toei Con was all here in the H3Con!! ^o^ The set-up was like this: Booths were located on the left and right sides, and they sold various stuffs from anime videos in whatever format, audio CDs, manga scans, toys and action models, posters and tarps, mugs and other items, etc etc etc. There were also booths of the sponsors, like Oishi where you can get a free iced tea drink anytime, Red Fox PCs which also gave away some goodie bags, Wacom where Suoh-san finally tried to use the drawing tablet XD, and booths of Japanese-oriented orgs and groups like the Ongaku Society who handled the registration for cosplay. In the center of the building were lots and lots of PCs and gaming gadgets, sponsored by E-games and other online gaming companies, where you can release your gaming powers. XD At another corner was a dubbing room where you dub your favorite animes and take home your creation. There was also an area where you can do wall climbing and rappelling.There was also a trampoline thingie were they put on a harness on you and you can jump high up and down to your heart’s desire. I actually wanted to try it, but it was only for those who are 120lbs and below (*cries* I am not 120lbs below! It’s impossible with my height and built! T.T). And at the center of it all is a stage for the contests, band performances and other activities.
Left: Suoh-san's crush <3 <3 <3 XD
Right: A machine where you can play dress-up of your character (but we don't know how to use it though XD)


and winners of the Yakitate Japan Dance contest

There was also an hourly raffle with prizes ranging from Super Inggo T-shirts (ehek! XD) to toy models, to brand new cellphones, Sony Wega TV, Firefox PC, digicam and iPods! I didn’t win anything though. XD Wish ko lang, hahahaha ^o^
Here are my pics! I had my picture taken with almost anything – from tarps to models to cosplayers! There were cosplayers all over and some looked really good while others are well, never mind. XD Oh yah. All pics of me were taken by Suoh-san, who is perhaps the most stubborn person I know (he’s even more stubborn than me) and refuses to have his picture taken. XD He is apparently contented and happy playing my (unofficial) photographer for the anicon, hehe XD
Inuyasha, O-SU-WA-RI!!! XD
Look at me and my ShaoRan-kun (so cuuuutttteeeee <3). The pic with FMA is for Haku-sama! XD
Wizard and Athena of Angelic Layer and, Mokona (puu!!!)

with Belldandy

There were also bands who performed, although I only listened to Himitsu Heiki (they are here again! ^o^) and Do’ahou!!!! YEY!!! The lead singer of Do’ahou was a guest singer in the Toei Con for Himitsu Heiki. He’s amazing too. I wouldn’t take the band’s pic if I didn’t like them. ^_________^

I then decided to buy something. The temptation of the CDs was TOO strong, so I ended up buying Midori no Hibi for myself (YEY!) for PhP100 only and Paradise Kiss DVD for PhP150 (this one’s for my friend Trina XD). Then I saw some Slam Dunk OVAs for PhP10 each only (found them among a pile of hentai VCDs XD), so I bought all four (and just found out today that three of them won’t play T.T). I wanted to buy manga scans, toys, posters, mug, and the Tsubasa Chronicles 2007 calendar in Comic Alley, but I… resisted... the... urge... to... be... impulsive... XD I, after all, didn’t have any money. XD

There were group cosplay performances also, but (I'm sorry) they were not even half as good as those we saw in the Toei Con. There was a Yu-gi-oh group, Card Captor Sakura group (what the heck!? IMPOSTOR! WANNABE! YOU DON’T LOOK LIKE MY SHAORAN AT ALL!!!! *furious*), Inuyasha group, another group which I forgot, and the Deathnote group. I actually thought the Deathnote group had an interesting performance. I don’t know what the anime/manga is all about, but I have a feeling that it’s freakingly psychotically weird, which is exactly what the group’s performance was. Anyway, I’m sure Gervie will be happy when he learns that there was a group which cosplayed as Deathnote characters. *sigh* I wish Gervie was also able to go to the con. I am so so so sure that he will absolutely LOVE this!! ^o^
The individual cosplayers were also interesting. There were only 50 contestants – including Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi) and

The grand prize eventually went to the guy with the large sword and ball (no pun intended XD). He was the Magic Knight (of Rayearth? *lol*) or Dark Wizard or something like that. I really don’t know who he is. Perhaps an online game character? He was an obvious winner though. The details of his costume were amazingly done, and even his weapons looked so cool.

The event finally ended around 8pm, and Suoh-san and I were totally exhausted as we took the taxi back to our normal lives. XD But after such an exciting weekend, I don’t think I can become normal again. My otakuness has progressed to another level, and next year I want to cosplay too!! *grins* But I have to lose weight, because I must be less than 120lbs to be able to try the trampoline thingie. XD
Ureshiiiiii... I am so happy. So so so so so so so happy. ^______________^
Until the next anicon then... See you next time in Misakichan's Goes To Anicon Adventure Part 2! (^O^)v
P.S.: MY DEEPEST THANKS TO : Ching2x for letting me borrow her digicam, and Suoh-san for keeping me company. YEY! ^o^
2 comments:
OMG I was here. Baka nagkasalubong na tayo dati O.O
Which con? Yung sa Toei, or H3?
Sadly, wala na atang H3...
Post a Comment