Wednesday, September 23, 2009

HEALTH AND HEART



Today I will talk about some health-related issues, and the latter part will focus more on heart-related stories. XD

So this morning I had some blood tests done on me. It’s my first time to undergo these kinds of tests, but I really need baseline liver profiles to make sure I didn’t acquire the HepB virus from my patient. I was a bit terrified of the lab results because I know that lately I’ve been so un-healthy. *sad* I think I’ve gained weight, and mass too! I’ve been eating more sweets and fats, and binging on fastfood and junk. I feel that my whole system is just so messed up, and right now I’d really prefer some discipline and self-control in my current lifestyle. I wish I was more non-sedentary. *sigh*

Well anyway, so the tests results came up, and I was shocked. They were all...NORMAL!

Fasting Blood Sugar 60 (Expected Range 70 - 105)
Creatinine 0.79 (Expected Range 0.5 - 1.5)
Blood Uric Acid 5.1 (Expected Range 2.5 - 6.6)
Total Cholesterol 202 (Expected Range <200)
Triglycerides 87 (Expected Range <150)
HDL 46 (Expected Range 45 - 65)
LDL 138.6 (Expected Range <100)
SGPT/ALT 9.2 (Expected Range <45)
SGOT/AST 7.0 (Expected Range <34)
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen: NON-REACTIVE

[*Creatinine measures kidney function; BUA tells you if you have arthritis; HDL is good cholesterol while LDL is bad cholesterol;
and SGPT/ALT and SGOT/AST are liver function tests]


So... Does this mean I’m HEALTHY!?!

Hooray! My lifestyle found justification! I can binge again!

...Or NOT. XD

Despite the normal values, I still want to change the way I am. I know I can’t have the right curves in an instant (heck, I don’t think I’d even get them in this lifetime! XD), but I want to slowly change the way I live my life. I want to be truly healthy because, if God is willing, I want to live long and well. I want to accomplish many things, make a difference in some way, and have the strength to sustain and support my parents and my future husband and children. I want to look at my patients in the eye and convincingly tell them, "Hey, living a healthy lifestyle is possible. I am an example." I want to break free from my image of being big and fat. All these years I’ve never been anything but that. Maybe it is time for a change. And I pray that God will help me change - inside and out - for the better.



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




I’ve received updates on how my best friend is faring right now. She was placed on epidural anesthesia last night and contrary to the plan to do a CS on her, a forceps delivery was done instead. Cath went through a terrible ordeal last night. Her vital signs went berserk, and her heart was beating rapidly up to 140bpm (not good for someone with severe aortic stenosis) and then went flat at one point! She was intubated and hooked to a ventilator plus other tubes, and I heard she’s congested right now. She’s lying in ICU for goodness sake! Her sister (who's also a doctor) told me Cath almost died, and I cried when I learned that. I couldn’t bear the thought of losing her that way, and I prayed in faith and in desperation. I asked God to please not take her, she is so precious to all of us. I’m sure many people whose lives she has touched were praying for her healing too.

Also, her baby Sonja was fighting for her little life as well. Born prematurely, the little angel had to get a dose of surfactant to help mature her underdeveloped lungs, and she was also intubated and placed inside an incubator. I can just picture her so tiny and fragile, like her mom, trying to be brave and strong in facing this world. My heart just goes out to both Mom and baby!

This morning though, I’ve received text messages saying that Cath is already awake and alert! *happy* They plan to wean her off the mech vent, and although still in critical condition, she’s already recovering and will be placed on close observation for the next few days. Baby Sonja is also looking better, and responding well to her medications. She’s a fighter, as her aunt described, and a miracle baby, as her father said. Amidst all these, I can only say that GOD IS REALLY REALLY AWESOME and HE ANSWERS PRAYERS! And that HE LOVES US SO MUCH to hear our cries, and HE LOVES CATH AND BABY SONJA EVEN MORE. I feel sad that I couldn’t be there with them personally to give support but I know, more importantly, that THE ULTIMATE HEALER has been working and supporting them in this difficult time, and yes, HE IS DEFINITELY IN CONTROL! HE WILL NEVER LEAVE CATH AND BABY SONJA IN DANGER!

PRAISE GOD INDEED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH LORD! TO HIM BE ALL GLORY!!!

I can’t wait to see Cath when I go to Manila next month! I hope by then, she and her baby will already be at home, comfy and in their best health. ^_____^



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




Other random stuffs...

Last night I decided NOT to watch Be Strong Geum Soon and Hello My Lady because I don’t feel like watching them. I lost interest so I’ll probably just return them next month. Instead of watching the other DVDs in my list, I ended up watching Petshop of Horrors, Blue Submarine No.6, and an episode of Princess Princess. I am so thoughtless! I never seem to accomplish what I plan. 0__0

At least right now, I’m trying to finish reading Eclipse, but just not progressing fast enough. I am plainly not so interested despite it being an easy read. I honestly can’t bring myself to care about Edward-Bella-Jacob and their teenage fantasy romance, and I’m already near closing the third book! I guess it just don’t appeal much to me, and I'm always annoyed at Bella. She is such an unlikeable character. I do like Edward sometimes for his mushy moments. And I know this will come off as ultra-extra-mega-so cheesy (ehehe ^o^) but the infallible way he loves reminds me of my boyfriend... Yiheee!!!<3 (I did say CHEESY!!! XD) And to end this mush...


We are celebrating our HEPPY 33rd ANNIMONTHSARY TODAY! \(^o^)/


We are so blessed to have a relationship that just keeps getting better and better each day. I am soOoOooOOooo soOooOoooooOo LUCKY to have gotten the most loving and most faithful and most understanding and most patient and most generous and most pampering and most humorous and most inspiring and most supportive and most charming and most romantic and most... [insert random thinkable and unthinkable positive adjectives here!] ... in the entire universe!!! I will never trade him for anything in the world, not even for a million Edwards. XD



<3<3<3 I Love You Suoh, my c.b.! <3<3<3 ^x^

(cheesy! cheesy! cheesy!)



No comments: