I was dirt broke and yet was the diligent breadwinner for my retired father, my working mom, and my younger sister who was still in college. Life was hard but we were happy. We were together as a family after all, and that's what matters the most. We just moved into a small, run-down apartment in the middle of nowhere, and we didn't even know how to get there from work. Sometimes we would experiment on riding the public jeepneys and buses. But often times we would walk home just to scrimp on the money.
And that's when I met him again. While on the way home from work. Actually, he was the one who found me. Or maybe he has been looking for me all along.
At first glance you know he's Jerry Yan, but he was also much more than that. He was also Dao Ming Se, the super-rich, extra-handsome, ultimate-bachelor in town. He also happened to be my ex-boyfriend whom I haven't seen for a long time. I didn't want to see him again, especially not in my sorry state. But he found me. And he was determined not to lose me again.
No matter how I protested and resisted and pushed him away, he still came everyday. He goes to see me at work, and walks me home every night. He gave me presents, and even brought us our basic necessities like food. He spends time with my family, and makes them smile and laugh, something they haven't done for a while. Then he would look at me with his hopeful eyes and boyish grin, and I would turn away. I know that he loves me, and only wants to get back together with me. I also know deep down in my heart I love him but I cannot do so. His parents were against me in the first place, and I didn't want to depend on him to sustain my family. No matter how poor I was, I had too much pride, and it was the one thing people cannot take away from me.
But days went by and I was falling more and more for him. I knew that if I spent more time with him and see how happy my family was with him, I would weaken and succumb to my feelings. I am a woman after all, and one who is not without emotions. Seeing the most wonderful man on earth chase me around is not only flattering, but much more than that, I know he was sincere and truly cares for me. I know I could not bear to hurt him again by leaving him. I also know that I didn't have the courage to live without him. I love him. I already love him too much. But I had no choice but to leave him. I had to go now.
So I ran away. Ran away as far as I could. And on that cold night, while I was standing in the abandoned harbor all alone, I wept. I shed tears of pain and suffering, and cried on how life has been so unfair and bitter to me. A freezing gust of wind touched my tear-stained cheeks, and I realized with much sadness that it was actually my birthday. And I was all alone in that dark, damp harbor.
And then... Fireworks! Lots of them. Multitudes of bright lights blazed the pitch-black sky and rained down a shower of colorful sparkles. I gazed up in astonishment. And then all around me, the yachts in the harbor roared to life, their lights gleaming and glittering, flashing on me as if to spotlight me. I shielded my eyes and blinked in surprise as I saw the world's elite, one by one, coming towards me. They were led by Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum and all the other casts of Boys Over Flowers, who held cakes in their hands. Each of them greeted me a "Happy Birthday", and some of them even kissed me on the cheek. I was conscious of how dirty I was amidst all these pretty people. Yet somehow, I felt the warmth in their presence.
Then suddenly, the crowd slowly parted. And then I saw Jerry hurriedly rush towards me. His expression was one of worry, then flushed down by relief, as he took me in his arms and cradled me and said happy birthday and told me how silly I was for running away. He was all over the city looking for me, but he also sent out all his friends to find me, and when he learned where I was, he came running over. I looked at him, and saw that he was drenched with sweat, yet, he was magnificently glowing, as beautiful as a greek god.
My Jerry. My Love. I then felt all walls break loose, all pride strip off, all emotions rush in, and I acknowledged my defeat. I love him! I've always loved him! And there was no point in denying it or pushing it away. I smiled radiantly at him, the man I love, and he took me in his arms again, and softly whispered how much he loves me and treasures me.
Someone then cleared his throat and tapped Jerry in the back. We broke from our embrace, embarrassed, as we realized that hundreds of eyes were actually upon us on our fateful reunion. The guys from Boys Over Flowers were giving Jerry congratulatory pats and high-fives, and he thanked them for their help in finding me. Lee Min Ho, the leader of the search, told him that he could always count on them any time, and that he was only glad to be of service to Jerry, whom he acknowledged was the original, and only worthy Dao Ming Se there is.
The next day, I was still overwhelmed with my feelings of bliss. But I know this could not last forever. Fear slowly crept into me as Jerry told me that he was taking me to meet his family and their board of directors. Apparently, my mother is the daughter of and heiress to one of the directors, but she was disowned when she ran off with my father. Jerry told me that he has already talked to his family, and they have decided to hold an election if they will accept me into the family or not. I glanced at him nervously, and he gripped my hand gently and comfortingly, saying it was OK. I took a deep breath and with firm resolve went with him to face the people who has repeatedly tried to tear me away from the man who has always loved me.
We entered a Japanese-styled room, and the board of directors, all with grim faces, were already seated there. In the center was the head of the Doumyouji Clan, Jerry's grandfather, who regarded me with scrutiny. I turned my eyes downward and bit my lip. Then the assembly started, and after the introductions made, one by one, the members of the elite casted their votes to decide my fate. Jerry was the first to make a vote, and then of course he stood by my side. Lee Min Ho came up next, and as he was a loyal follower of Jerry, he also took our side. The next person to take the stage was Kim Joon, who stated that he has always thought Lee Min Ho was a better Doumyouji than Jerry, and he took the other side. Sam Milby came up next, and he also took the other side. One by one, each of them came up to the front and chose which side they were on. Then finally it was Jerry's grandfather's turn, and he slowly stood up, walked to the front and then I...
...woke up. ^^;
Of all the things to happen, I woke up and realized that IT WAS JUST A REALLY GOOD DREAM!!! And the next thing I realized was that my pillow was WET -- WITH DROOL!!! That's what happens when I really have a good sleep. I disgruntledly reached out for my cellphone to see the time and was splashed with another wave of realization: I WAS LATE FOR WORK!!! I hurriedly jumped off my bed to start my grueling day of work. But at some instances today, I actually found myself smiling silly over my enchanting fantasy.
I had a lot of fun writing this story, and thank Thesaurus.com for all the glitzy words. I'm not exactly your most gifted writer, but I hope I did not make a lot of grammatical errors and didn't sound too cheesy. Tell me what you think of my writing though, as it may help me improve my style more and also in maintaining this blog.
On a side note, I've always had a bunch of weird dreams. Some of them are pretty crazy and are good for laughs, and some of them are too insignificant to actually be remembered. Some of them are great ideas, which I sometimes use for my drawings and stories, and on rare occasions, I get these really "feel good" dreams which make me feel warm and fuzzy deep down. Jerry Yan is one of my all-time favorite celebrity crushes, as his portrayal of Dao Ming Se in 2001's Meteor Garden sent my bishie-fandom sky-rocketing to cloud nine. Although I'm not as hyped over him as before, I've always still liked him. I didn't expect him to show up as (ultra-mega-super-good looking!!!) lead character in my dream though, since it's been a while since I've seen him perform. I also didn't expect the cast of Boys Over Flowers to be there, since I haven't seen that korean drama yet. I was definitely shocked to see Sam Milby in my dream, because I NEVER liked him! So that was really weird. =o=
I don't know why I had that dream, but it made me feel really really good. Now I'm listening to Jerry's second album, FREEDOM, and loving him ("my ex-boyfriend" *winks*) all over again...
3 comments:
sam milby, LOL! :)) unta chi i was there with kim bum .. love tis story!!
remarkable!
sam milby was totally out of place. nyahahahaha
Post a Comment