Monday, April 05, 2010

NEW LOOK. SAME OLD ME.
ephemerality: a piffle princess story version 8.0


I finally decided to take the time to change my blog lay-out. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time but has always been procrastinating. I can't understand HTML at all so changing the lay-out has always been a painful task which pretty much involved a lot of guesswork. But this time I merely conformed to blogger's custom templates, took a nice pic and edited in text using MS Paint (I still don't know how to use Photoshop, fufufufu...T__T), and with a little bit of tweaking ended up with this.

TA-DAH!!! >___< I must admit, it's really nothing to be proud of, or worth complimenting. But you can be proud of one thing: that I've finally returned to my blog after bumming around for 6 months, and you can compliment for another: because I am simply the most beautiful creature on earth... Or perhaps the most senseless. XD So anyway, back to the lay-out... The banner features Kuronuma Sawako and Kazehaya "Love of My Life" Shota from the recently ended anime, Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You). It's been a while since I've been fixated over an anime series, and KimiTodo simply knocked me silly and giddy with all the Kuronuma x Kazehaya Love *hearts* so I just simply had to feature them! I got this image from the first volume of the manga.

As for the title... I was searching for a word that would connote something that's only impermanent and fleeting, since I don't really intend to stick with this lay-out for so long (well, it really depends on my procrastination powers, so I don't want to raise your hopes up yet...). Found the word "EPHEMERAL" in Thesaurus.com and supposed that I liked the sound of it. I initially planned to combine it with other words and ended up with titles like, "Ephemeral Phase" and "Road to Ephemerality" but none of them sounded quite right. Eventually I decided to keep it short and simple, and so I just went with the word, Ephemerality.

This is apparently the 8th lay-out since the birth of this blog in 2003, but I honestly don't quite remember anymore. During the long hiatus, I actually did consider closing down this blog and maybe start anew somewhere else, or perhaps just simply stop blogging altogether. But every time I think about leaving this, it pains me. I may not have the best blog and may not make the most frequent updates, but I have somehow painstakingly maintained this site for SEVEN years, and I think that really speaks a lot. This blog and I... we've been through a lot, especially during the first few years when I was still spending long hours in internet cafes to maintain this site. I recorded a lot of my memories here, rambled about anything-under-the-sun, and most importantly, met a lot of new friends through my blog. I primarily created this blog as an outlet to channel and as a buffer to support my overflowing thoughts and emotions, but now, deep down in my heart, I somehow quite believe that there are also people who actually care enough to read this, and who enjoy what I write, and maybe were, in some way or another, touched by my thoughts. This gives me great pleasure and I am overwhelmed and simply filled with appreciation and gratitude for all these years of support. Thank you very much.

And as I close this entry, I just want to say that IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO MAKE THIS ACADEMY AWARD-LIKE SPEECH, LOLz! But what the heck, I have successfully ended up making my comeback entry extra-cheesy and emo, and I'm too lazy and sleepy to fix all that so we'll just leave it that way.

Bye for now!!! (^o^)/

6 comments:

kurohiko said...

Hey~! You changed the comments section to blogger's too! Kinda sad that haloscan died huh? :(

misakichan said...

yah... i've been using it all these years... it was sad to see the comments go, but i figured it's prolly time to move on now with blogger...

kurohiko said...

Were you able to back up the comments before haloscan went bye bye?

Misty said...

wee.. so glad you're back misaki-nee.. maybe i should go back to blogger too.. its the most friendly among all the blogsites i've been..

misakichan said...

@ rei > no... huhuhuhu~

@ ka-chan > i really can't compare cos i've never used other sites....

Misty said...

which is good coz you got to keep this blog for how many years~
misaki-nee~ i'm back to my old blog.
this will be my final blog. >_>
i'll be deleting all my other blogs.
http://behindthemist.blogspot.com
yeah. im still trying to start from scratch coz i deleted all my previous posts.. ~_~