Thursday, August 26, 2010

AND I CRY FRAUD!!



A few months ago, I had the opportunity to get my own credit card, papers-free and hassle-free. Although I don't use it that often, but I find it convenient to pay for some stuffs using plastic. I've always been careful when using it, and meticulously logs every purchase on my journal so as not to forget. So I was surprised last night when I opened my credit card statement for this month and saw a whopping P12,256.72 billed to me!

Scrutinizing the transaction details, I noted several online purchases charged to me which I never made. In my state of panic, I called up my sister who told me to call up the company's domestic toll free number and report the anomaly. I reached their customer service agent who advised me to write a letter of dispute and she then had my card declared as fraud and had it blocked from any use. I told her I am definitely NOT paying for those extra purchases.

So now I don't have a card. =___=

I know there are a lot of these scams nowadays, but I never expected it to happen to me. I hope this matter will be investigated and will be resolved soon. And I also hope credit card companies will further make the necessary measures to protect their clients.


4 comments:

kurohiko said...

Ouch... D: That's just... terribly annoying. =_=;;;

*cries FRAUD with you* D:

misakichan said...

yah. the bank has responded fast and well though so i hope they will settle this matter soon.

i don't even know how to make online purchases so i don't know how that happened. so sad.

kurohiko said...

It's sadly terribly easy to make online purchases with someone else's credit card. :( Even waiters can do that... but I don't think you want to know. >.<;;;

jme (^^,) said...

chi leng is that a metrobank credit card?