Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE ROCK


Decided to come home for the night to grab some stuffs and see my parents. I brought home a box of pineapple pie and around 8 liters of Fit and Right (how I got those bottles is a long story I'd rather not talk about right now...). So I lugged home my pasalubongs and took the bus to CDO.

I usually just sleep during bus rides but the ongoing movie caught my attention. I thought the background music was really familiar. Squinting my eyes (since I didn't have my glasses on) and scrutinizing the film, I realized that it was the 1996 movie THE ROCK, starring Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage and Ed Harris. I remember that this was my most favorite movie back in high school, and watching it again tonight made me realize that yes, I still love this movie! :)

I remember that I used to watch a lot of movies during my high school years. My mom, sister and I would often spend our Saturdays in the cinemas, and I would average around 40 movies per year (is that a lot?). That was way back when DVDs and downloads were still not the fad. Now I have a huge box of DVDs at home, plus more than a hundred movie titles in my hard drive, and I just have no idea when I'll be watching these. I miss those days when everyone just went to watch cinemas on weekends, and come monday, it would be the topic of every conversation. Times change though, and although I still watch the movies with my parents as often as we can, somehow it's just not the same as before.

Anyway, when I got off the bus, I took the taxi to Missy Bon Bon where I bought some ensaymadas to bring back to Malaybalay tomorrow. Then I had Butter Pecan gelato. YUM! :) Then lugging around my 1 box of pineapple pie, 3 boxes of ensaymadas, 8 liters of Fit and Right and my bag, I took another taxi to a hotel I'd rather not name here. A certain company in Manila has been calling me frequently on my phone, inviting me to dinner and to get my gift certificate in said hotel. Since I was already late for the dinner, I thought I could just go and get my gift certificate, since they told me to drop by anytime this week. But this REALLY RUDE and REALLY ARROGANT PAKINGSY*T GAY GUY looked at me without batting an eyelash, and immediately brushed me away and said my name wasn't on the list. I was so insulted by the way he treated me, and I wanted to just strangle him to death. But instead, I made some frustrated gestures and told him that I didn't have the time for this cr@p and walked away with my 1 box of pineapple pie, 3 boxes of ensaymadas, 8 liters of Fit and Right and my bag. I swear it was humiliating to be treated that way, and if I wasn't so damn tired, I really would have called up their main office to file a complaint. But I really just wanted to go home.

So now I'm home. Ate a sumptuous dinner my mom brought home from Pearlmont, and now I'm updating my torrent downloads, and my life. I'm losing sleep again though, so let's just end it here for now.

1 comment:

yeyen said...

omo, omo!
og ako to, nangaway na jud ko kris!
good for you, you held it in.
^___^

going to cdo this weeked to attend a seminar in xavier...and staying at pearlmont too.