A few days ago I met up with my high school classmate, Glen, and now I just want to write this quick THANK YOU post for her for three wonderful things she has done for me this week:
1. She invited us for a wonderful dinner in her house last night.
One of our high school classmates, Juvy, is going off to Japan to do God's work, and we might not get to see her for another 3 years. So Glen organized this really simple yet elegant dinner for her. Our two other classmates, Gervie and Jen (plus husband Itong), were also with us. We had a really great fellowship, reminiscing old memories and catching up on new stuffs. Everyone just felt relaxed inside Glen's cozy house and eating the sumptuous meal she prepared. But I don't know if Juvy knew it was a despedida party for her. None of us actually had the heart to tell her goodbye, and I kinda messed up and wasn't able to prepare the gift for her. But we had a grand time anyway so I'm just so thankful.
2. She invited me to join a care group meeting.
You guard all that is mine.
Psalm 16:5
Tonight, Glen personally brought me to a care group meeting held at Serendipity Cafe and Resto. I've long wanted (and needed) a small group of Christian friends whom I can be accountable to and responsible for, but just never got around to joining one. I guess I'm just one lost sheep with my messed up life and priorities. But praise God for Glen, who was quick to invite me to join a group composed of young, single ladies.
So I met some new friends: Chai, the group leader who works for a bank; Mizpah, a BS Psych student; Gigi, a first year law student; and Iris and Tia, who are med students. It was my first time to join a care group, so I kinda didn't know what to expect (or what they were expecting from me). But the group was warm and friendly, and I just had a good time getting to know them. Most importantly, I got to feed on God's Word and start allowing Him to fix my broken life. I just feel so "wrong" right now, and I know only God can heal me. And I know that He will if I just let Him take control.
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
Psalm 16: 7-8
3. She told me about this place where we could possibly transfer.
It's been almost a year since we've moved into our current residence, and although this is a wonderful place, but it's just too small and cramped for us. So we've been thinking of the possibility of moving again once our contract here expires, and Glen told me about this apartment near their house. I contacted the owner today, and I'm quite interested in the offer. I told my parents about it, and they also started considering it. We might check out the place and let's just see what happens. *crosses fingers*

No comments:
Post a Comment