Been quite busy the past few days cos my mother's sister (aka my aunt, aka Be-i) arrived from Cebu two days ago. Among my many maternal relatives, Be-i is perhaps the closest to our family, since she used to live with us when she was still single. She was also the one who taught me my ABCs and 123s during my early years. But nowadays, she's just too busy with her family and work in Cebu, so having her over for a visit is always a delight and a treat for us and for her cos we get to bond and she also gets some much needed rest.
Since my mom has work so I was tasked to take her around. Yesterday we went to the Office of the Civil Registrar to do some important paperworks, to the mall to buy some random stuffs and groceries, and then had dinner at Cafe Laguna to celebrate her birthday, as well as the birthday of my other aunt, Ah-e. Today we went to several chinese wholesale stores to buy random stuffs, including a maneki neko, then went to SM to meet Ah-e again and buy more random stuffs (groceries again!). From these two days, I was able to point out TWO traits which Be-i and I distinctly share.
1. We are both impulsive, and
2. We are both hoarders! XD
YESH! I think I've just met my match! (And I am NO match for her! T___T) When I bought books, she also bought more books + magazines + random stuffs (even though she hardly reads!). When I bought cutie notepads, she bought twice as many of them + more random stuffs (even though she prolly won't use them!). She just loves buying things which she labels are "gift items" and also things which she labels as "useful items". And one of the highlights of her visits here is shopping for groceries. It's like being given a pushcart where you can just put absolutely anything! I actually feel embarrassed when she buys so many stuffs for us, yet Be-i is the type of person who doesn't mind and whose generosity just simply overflows. It's like having Santa over so much earlier for Christmas. ^______^
Thank you Be-i, and (belated) Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment