Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~ BEAUTIFUL STORY ~


If you are familiar with the popular franchise Densha Otoko, then you might also be familiar with Getsumen to Heiki Mina, the anime spin-off from the TV drama series. If I recall correctly, in the height of my Densha Otoko x Mina days, I blogged something about it here.... hmm... here it is! (interspersed within an ultra-long rant about random stuffs XDXDXD) Well, it took me a while to finally get my hands on a copy of the 11-episode anime, and even a longer time to watch it. I just finished it this morning. Yay!!! /(^o^)/


Getsumen to Heiki Mina is about a high school girl / TV announcer named Tsukuda Mina, who transforms into a supergirl (miina) and battles sports-obsessed alien rabbits alongside other miinas. (Yes! You heard me right. These are alien rabbit mutations that will literally kill for their favorite sports game TAT). The plot is nothing special, and may even be downright ridiculous, but what I love about the story is the pure and determined nature of Mina. The other characters are also likable, even the comical Mutsumune Escartin (who is the recurring butt-of-all-jokes in the series). I just wished we could have seen more of the other miinas and known their backgrounds, but I guess 11 episodes are just not enough for more character development. Thankfully, they made brief cameos in the final episode, so I guess I should be contented with that. And yes, I was particularly satisfied with the last two episodes, which served as the climax of the story. Mina finally realizes what she must do in her life and accepts her fate. I also realized that as cliché as that may sound, it actually got me to shed a tear or two. >__<


Another thing that I really really REALLY LIKE about this anime is that the character designs are made by one of my most favorite artists, Okama!!! His other works include the designs for the animes Kamichu!, Himawari!, Gunbuster 2 and many others. He is also the artist for the manga Cloth Road, and is the costume designer for the Wii game No More Heroes (which is quite an interesting game, but sadly, I do not own a Wii console. TAT) I really love his style, and the soft colors of his illustrations. See more of his wonderful illustrations <<< HERE >>>.

With that, I'll end this post with the ending theme of the series which is filled with Okama's pretty drawings!

Here's Beautiful Story, by Marina Inoue, the seiyuu for Tsukuda Mina/Tsukishiro Miina. 
ENJOY!!! \(^w^)/




2 comments:

suoh12 said...

i need to watch this too para may space na sa pfp ko..XD

misakichan said...

watch it naoooooooo~!!! ^^