Wednesday, June 13, 2012

SARDINES AND STICKERS

I don't usually eat in the mornings, but since we have free meals at my current workplace, I felt obliged to have my breakfast after my duty. Later on, the other doctors told me that I can actually convert said meal to something else, like a bottle of softdrinks or bags of junk foods as long as it's worth Php30. Unfortunately, I can't change it to cash. After thinking long and hard, I decided to convert my breakfast to canned goods, for the following reasons: (1) We can eat them at home, (2) We can feed them to our dog, and (3) I can skip breakfast and skip the calories. After further analysis, I decided to get sardines because I get to take home 2 cans of these instead of 1 can of corned beef. And so bringing home 2 cans of sardines after work has been the usual practice for me lately, but when I looked up the kitchen cupboard today...
ZOMBBQ!! Sardines, much?!?

Earlier I was browsing through some food blogs and got inspired to make myself a sandwich for lunch. I took some bread, spread some cheesy goodness, and tossed in some spicy sardines. I don't know if you can actually add cheese to sardines, but I thought it tasted heavenly~
Cheesy Sardines Sandwich + Hot Coffee = LUNCH!

Other weird foodstuffs I actually "invented" and love to eat are Peanut-Butter-and-Cheese Sandwich and Plain-Bread-Dipped-in-Water. Yeeeaaahh, the latter sounds kinda gross(?), I guess, cos it tastes bland and the bread ends up all soggy. But I have been eating that as snack since I was a kid. (ー。ー゛)





I actually finished them last week, and they have already been distributed! My friend really likes them, and she just spent less than Php300 on these. I'm just so grateful for my boyfriend's help and photoshop powers, and also just really thankful that I got to find the perfect pink board paper and pink envelopes. I had 35 of these printed out at nearby internet cafe, and since there was still a huge space in the paper I used for the name stickers, so I thought, why not throw in some random google images to print? And so I ended up with these...
<3 <3 <3



Today is actually the seventh birthday of our uber-hyperactive "pai-pai" dog, 
and I would just like to end this post with her picture~



2 comments:

suoh12 said...

you feed didat fish?buti hindi nalalagas ang fur nya...XD

skipping brekkie is never good! at least eat a morsel or something... D:

peanutbutter with cheese,cheese with sardines...bread dipped with water...uhhh....^^;;

misakichan said...

we feed didat just about anything -- spaghetti, mcdo burger, mongo bread, coco bread, lechon... although lately we stopped giving her chicken cos she has some insect bites(?) which gave her a rash... :c