[ 相楽夜 ] YORU SAGARA
Haven't blogged anything decent for a while cos of RL matters. I'm still gonna write about that meeting with Kurohiko (yah, it's more than a month late already! *facepalm*) and I have to do an indie comics review (cos I promised someone~). I also have to write about a bunch of stuffs as well. Just gonna take my time doing all of these. Teehee~ But I thought of blogging now cos I want to fangirl-rant over something.*(*´∀`*)☆
Last Saturday, me and some CDOtaku people held an audition for several talented performers for an upcoming cosplay event. Now I won't go into details about the audition cos I'm not sure if I can share about it in public. Suffice it to say that I was quite pleased with the performances, and hope that they will be as awesome in said upcoming event.
Now one of the singers who auditioned was Yoru Sagara. If you can recall, I wrote a bit about him in a previous entry. The first time I heard him sing was during the TORCH II CDO LEG held last July 2011. At that time, I thought he had a great voice but wasn't really paying much attention. Looking back, maybe I should have. Hahaha!
Well, after the Torch II event, he just slipped out of my mind. But during my internet browsing moments, I kept stumbling on his name (maybe because common friends are subscribed to his Facebook and Youtube channels), and it piqued my curiosity. So I read up a bit about him and learned that he is a local amateur singer who has been doing quite a number of covers, mostly Vocaloid songs, and he has been uploading his song versions on Nico Nico Douga and Youtube. To add to his credentials, he also performed during the recent VOCA★FUSION event which was held in SMX Convention Center (you can watch video here). Now, not being so familar with Vocaloid songs (well, excuuuuuuuussssse me for being such a cave person!) and not entirely too fond of song covers, I admit that I wasn't exactly that interested at first. Until... I heard his collab cover of 背徳の記憶〜The Lost Memory〜 and I was totally blown away. In fact, even until now, I still get blown away whenever I listen to that song. As a matter of fact, said song is set on repeat in my player as I'm writing this. (*ノ▽ノ)
As of now, I'm only subscribed to TWO Youtube channels, which are JamesNintendoNerd and yes, Yoru Sagara. But I must admit that I never got around to listening to all his videos (cos SRSLY, there are A LOT of them), and as I said, I'm not at all familiar with Vocaloid songs (despite having more than 5GB of them in my hard drive!). Well, fast forward to last Saturday... He was already there when I arrived, and I thought, well, he just seems like an ordinary guy. Despite being popular online, he wasn't the airy type. He didn't even mention that he has...
As of now, I'm only subscribed to TWO Youtube channels, which are JamesNintendoNerd and yes, Yoru Sagara. But I must admit that I never got around to listening to all his videos (cos SRSLY, there are A LOT of them), and as I said, I'm not at all familiar with Vocaloid songs (despite having more than 5GB of them in my hard drive!). Well, fast forward to last Saturday... He was already there when I arrived, and I thought, well, he just seems like an ordinary guy. Despite being popular online, he wasn't the airy type. He didn't even mention that he has...
... almost 3000 Youtube subscribers and almost half million pageviews!!!!
I mean, SRSLY!!!??!!! (((( ;°Д°))))
Hime asked me then if I have heard his version of 1/3 の純情な感情, which incidentally is my most favorite Rurouni Kenshin ED song. I said, "No, I haven't." (Boo to me!) So I decided to check it out the other day, and yah, it blew me away too and I was compelled to click [download] and put it in my music player. I'm actually in a bit of an RK hype right now (more about that next time), so hearing that cover is kinda fanning the flames of my fandom. Check out Yoru's cover here:
Lovely~ It gave me goosebumps. (^ω^)
相楽夜, がんばれ! ヽ(^。^)ノ
Yoru sang this Vocaloid song called, "Mr Music" (again, I have no idea what it is until I googled it just now), and initially the sound system wouldn't cooperate and kept crashing. But he waited patiently for it to get fixed, and we were also actually eagerly anticipating. And he did not disappoint! I mean, he is not perfect, but he has such a lovely voice. He has his own rendition of the song, and not just tastelessly singing it. I think his Nihongo sounds legitimate, and not as if he's just the boy from the next town (which he is, btw). And I think that just because you make great online videos, it doesn't necessarily follow that you can perform well on stage (especially when said audition stage is within the premises of a fitness club! XD) But it seems he has better stage presence compared to last year, though he could still further improve on that.
I would have wanted to pose more questions, ask for an autograph/picture with him, and bully demand force coerce request him to sing Pigstar's Shoudou and maybe some Uta*Pri Songs!!! (fangirl KYAHHH~!!!) But ... I forgot to speak (*facepalm once more*). I think all of us were quite pleased, though I still don't know if he passed the audition. I hope he gets to perform during the event, so I can fangirl some more uh, *cough*cough* so we can have the pleasure of listening to him sing again. ♬

2 comments:
hahaha this week puro vocaloid covers nakikita ko ah O.O
sa kin naman napasearch ako lately dahil dito http://youtu.be/uZk31jgsUFE (naluha ako sa PV lol)
re: Yoru passing the audition, of course he did rofl. that was only a formality since we wanted to be fair and made everyone go through the audition process. he already had a spot even before he applied as a performer rofl.
Post a Comment