Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UPDATES OF MY LIFE



Just got back from Camiguin. And now, for a quick rundown on the present state of my life (in no particular order)...

  • WE NEED TO MOVE OUT OF OUR APARTMENT ASAP. We've been living in simple and cozy apartment for almost 15 years (I think..) but my parents were just informed yesterday that we need to move out as soon as possible. The landlord has decided that they will be using this unit for one of their daughters, who already got married. My father's paranoia is cracking up, while my mother is fretting over small things. And I was planning to handle this rationally but got pissed off when my mom started bickering about my CDs (which isn't really the main issue here). My father is dead set on buying a housing unit in a subdivision but I told him that it's not that easy to process documents and loan money for that, not to mention that such a HUGE DECISION requires careful planning and discussing. Now is just not the time for that. I told them that we all need to calm down and the first thing we need to do is to find a place where we can move in for now, and other issues will just have to wait. I know this is just a trial and that there's a purpose for this. I am praying that GOD will take care of us in the days to come, and that He will guide us to a place where He will be glorified and His will be done.



  • MY SISTER IS GOING TO JAPAN. My sister has been working in a Japanese IT company in Cebu for the past two years, and she has been waiting for her chance to go to Japan for training. And now the time has come, and she'll be leaving come September and will be staying there until early December.

    She will be staying here.

    I am so envious!!! Going to Japan has always been my dream but I guess my sister will have to take care of my otaku fandom for now and buy my "needs" for me when she gets there. I feel quite excited for her and this new adventure, and I pray that she'll be safe and happy there.



  • I NEED TO GO TO MANY PLACES TOMORROW. My agenda tomorrow will involve going to the offices of PMA, BIR, CAP, Philheath, SSS and maybe try to find a house where we could move in. I hope I'll wake up early tomorrow cos it's going to be a long day. I might watch a movie if I will feel like it. Wonder if Hannah Montana the Movie is still showing or if it's another movie that I've missed to watch again.



  • MY TEN DAYS IN CAMIGUIN WERE MEMORABLE. I was able to do 3 spontaneous vaginal deliveries, one of which is an undelivered second twin. It's my first time to actually do something like that. I also had a patient who was stabbed by his brother, and arrived at the ER with the knife still stuck to the hilt in his back. I was quite shocked to see something like that, but resuscitation measures were futile since the patient already died on arrival. And on my last day I had another admitted patient who suddenly died. He was quite a complicated case yet I cannot quite explain why he died. A similar incident happened last month too. I hope this won't become something like a monthly tradition or something. It's making me all the more depressed and burned out.



  • MY UNCLE RECENTLY DIED. Before I left for Camiguin, I received news that my Kotiu suddenly died due to an acute onset of low back pain. It was an unexpected event, and although we were not exceptionally close and have lost contact over the years, but I've always remembered him as one who treated me like his own daughter when I was still a kid. He used to live next door to us with his five daughters, and they'd often count me in as their 6th sibling. Suddenly hearing him die of an unknown illness, and not even getting to see him for the last time makes me feel regretful. I so wanted to attend his wake but I couldn't because of my work schedule. I so wanted to meet my cousins too who came home for the funeral. It was a shock to all of them since they have also lost contact with him for some time as well. I hope my uncle rests in peace, and my cousins will overcome their grief.



  • MY FRIENDS GOT MARRIED. Before I left for Camiguin, I also attended the church wedding of my friends, Chris and Doc Grace. It was a small and simple wedding, only attended by family and close friends, and I was lucky to be invited, and even luckier to take part in the entourage. I was able to find a nice and simple green dress which matched the motif, and thankfully, I did not goof up when I tied the cord on the couple. I feel very happy for them and wish them many many blissful years ahead.



  • I GOT A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. I originally didn't plan on getting one cos I don't have the time to manage something like that. But my boyfriend suddenly decided to register on FB, and my high school friends sent me messages to join, so if you can't beat 'em then you really just got to join 'em. I still don't know how to play around with the applications, but hopefully I'll get used to it soon. We're planning our high school reunion come June 2010 in FB, so it's actually quite fun discussing all these and remembering old memories as well. More details re: the high school reunion when we get to finalize the plans.



  • I NEED TO SERIOUSLY LOSE WEIGHT. With an upcoming high school reunion come next year, I suddenly feel desperate to lose my "excess baggages". And I know my lack of discipline and sedentary lifestyle also contributes to my current feelings of burn-out and depression. OK, 'nuff said. Don't really wanna talk about that. But I want changes, and I want them to be DRASTIC changes.



  • I AM SETTING A KIRIBAN IN MY DEVIANTART ACCOUNT. And I've set it on the 999th pageview. Whoever captures a screenshot of it gets an OC rendition from me. I know I haven't been making decent drawings lately, but I really have lots of ideas brewing in my mind right now, and I've already made a prototype character design for my OC, Chappi-tan. More details of that (and more scrap art) will be posted on http://pandaandpotato.deviantart.com soon.



  • I FINISHED THREE ANIMES AND ONE TV DRAMA IN THE PAST TEN DAYS. And they are: Bokura Ga Ita, Neo Angelique Abyss, Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki, and the Taiwanese Idol Drama, Love or Bread. I'll write more about this in a separate entry.



  • I JUST CHECKED MY TORRENT LIST and realized that I've finished downloading the J-doramas VOICE and KOIZORA. Next in line is another J-dorama, ONE POUND GOSPEL, based on the Rumiko Takahashi manga, followed by LIAR GAME and BUMP OFF LOVER. I also have to facilitate transfer of my internet connection to wherever we're headed for. Hopefully we'll have better connection and Sun signal there.


That's all for now, I guess. I'm still quite tired from the travel so I'm going to catch some zzzz's now. Will blog again tomorrow.


No comments: