Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UPDATES OF MY LIFE (AGAIN!)



I'm sitting here in the hospital pharmacy, leeching off the hospital broadband using "Lorna".

What the heck is a "Lorna"? I'll tell you about it some other time. LOLz! For now, here are some random updates of my life, since I've been away for more than a month. You will soon learn why...

  • 01. WE CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!
    Because of the recent move, we terminated our DSL connection. I was planning to get connected to PLDT DSL once we settled down but that was never realized (see number two). It makes me sad to be offline, but for the past two months, I actually accomplished a number of stuffs (i.e. read my books, clean up my room) without the internet tempting me all the time. I know deep down that the internet robs me of my precious time and I really don't accomplish much in life when I'm in front of a PC. So I'm now reconsidering if I really need that DSL connection. I'm not home most of the time anyway. It's probably wiser to do some cost-cutting, and this would hopefully cut me off my idleness as well.


  • 02. WE'VE MOVED AGAIN!
    I mentioned last time that we were leaving EVA UNIT-01 because of some problems. We only stayed in that unit for two weeks. We moved into a two-bedroom bungalow unit last August 22, and I thought that it was the end of our problems. BOY, I WAS SO WRONG. During our first week in UNIT-02, some stranger was able to enter our compound, and BORE A HOLE IN ONE OF OUR BEDROOM WINDOW SCREENS!!! We later learned that all the houses within that compound have been robbed of some stuffs, and even the neighboring houses have been robbed too! My parents were totally freaked out and we had to close down all the windows and curtains, making the place one huge sauna bath. We finally decided that the place was not habitable, and we were out of the place after 2 weeks of stay. So last September 5, we moved for the third time to another apartment very near our old residence, and although a bit cramped, but I think we feel a whole lot better and comfortable here.

    One of the downsides of all these transferring is that we have exerted so much effort in cleaning and moving. My Mom especially had to leave from work just to clean the house and pack our stuffs (and she can be really super-diligent when it comes to cleaning!) I feel sad that I wasn't home to help her. Most of the time I wasn't in CDO because of my work, so I can only trust other people to help my parents with moving.

    The most painful loss during all these time is that I have spent so much money already. TOO MUCH. Each time we move to a new house, we had to pay for the laborers and the truck drivers, not to mention do some repairs and buy doorknobs/locks, electrical equipment, etc. The owner of EVA UNIT-01 returned most of my deposit, and even apologized to us. We parted in good terms. But the owner of UNIT-02, cunning as a snake, charged us with PhP9000 just for two weeks of stay! I was seething with dissatisfaction since I felt that we were at a disadvantage. My parents were so emotionally shook up to the point of losing weight, and even our dog lost weight as well probably since she was up all night barking the intruders away. I didn't want any more problems though so I just accepted his terms and wish I don't have to do any further business with him in the future (and he should cross his fingers as well and wish he'll have no business with me in the future as well).

    Bitter. XD


  • 03. MY SISTER IS ALREADY IN JAPAN.
    She left Cebu last September 7, and is now experiencing Japan. OooOohhh... I am so envious! She told me about their train/bus rides, their crazy rollercoaster ride on the Thunder Dolphin, and their work stuffs. She also described her trip to Akihabara, and the first thing she told me was, "Atsy, daghan kayu anime dinhi!!!" (Sis, there's so many anime stuffs here!!!)

    I am just so GREEN with envy.


  • 04. I BOUGHT A NEW STETHOSCOPE.
    This is not exactly part of the budget plan, but my ever reliable black Classic Littman Stethoscope finally rested in pieces last week. I occasionally have problems auscultating but I thought that my ears are problematic, and not my steth. Well, around 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the earpiece wore out and that the tubings have developed HUGE CRACKS. Afraid of having nothing to use at work, I fixed it up with some adhesive tape (plaster XD), and it was fine until last week, when I realized that I could no longer hear anything with it! It was already making a hollow sound, which affects my examination and diagnosis. I had to say goodbye to my black steth, which has served me well for 7 years, and hurriedly purchased a new Classic Littman Steth, this time in RASPBERRY PINK. Hehehe My other choices were NAVY BLUE and HUNTER GREEN.


    It wasn't cheap though and I even had to make a cash advance for it. Huhuhu...
    But I can't work without one so I had no choice. T___T



  • 05. MY PORTABLE DVD PLAYER BROKE DOWN.
    This is so sad. In fact just thinking about it devastates me. I'm actually so fond of that player so it's hard to imagine that I can't use it anymore. About a month ago, I placed it inside a laundry bag and brought it down the ER. I hardly bring down my player but that time I was in the mood for some music. I placed the bag on a chair, and a few minutes later, THE BAG FELL OFF!!! It wasn't a very strong impact, and the player was still fine then. I was still able to finish watching Gakuen Heaven. I noticed though that the USB port was no longer working. A few days later, I was watching Yokazura Quartet in Camiguin when the video suddenly froze. And then the player refused to read ANY discs at all! It just kept saying "LOADING" but the video doesn't load. I took it to an electronics shop and they told me that the lens broke and they do not sell that type of lens in CDO. I'm taking the player to Manila next month and pray that I'll find the appropriate lens there. I am really so sad over this because that player means so much to me and I envisioned a long future of using it. It broke down after 3 months because of my carelessness. *very very sad*


  • 06. I'M LEAVING FOR MANILA NEXT MONTH.
    I'm off to Manila come October 11-19 for personal matters. LOLz Actually, it's my boyfriend's birthday next month and I want to spend that special day with him. And I decided to use that time too to take a break from work, visit my friends, buy scrub suits and stuffs, and attend the COLLECTICON scheduled on October 11 in Robinson's Ermita. It will definitely feel like a trip down memory lane since Rob Ermita used to be my "territory". XD

    I was talking to my classmate earlier this week and he told me of a conference sponsored by the Philippine Society of Emergency Physicians come November 9-10. Their programme is really interesting and I think we will learn much from the lectures, so we are thinking of attending it. Hopefully we can save enough money by then so that we can join that confe. As an added bonus, the Anime Overload Festival to be held in SMX Convention Hall in Mall of Asia is set on November 8, so I think that's a really wonderful coincidence that I don't want to miss! I will have to miss work again though. *sad!!!*


  • 07. FINISHED SOME BOOKS.
    I finished reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons which is such a superb fast-paced exciting adventure. Every page leaves me amazed and wondering how the author has come up with such a brilliant plot and unexpected twists. And yes, it might be a bit controversial because it tackles on some sensitive topics, but I was never convinced that it was non-fiction. It was just a fun book to read, but I never took it seriously so I don't really bother with the controversies. Now I can finally watch the movie version (and see Tom Hanks in action, hehehe).

    I also started reading the sequels of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. I've read the first book Twilight last year, and although it was fun from time to time and made me giggle with glee in some parts, but I was never caught up in the Edward-Bella fandom. I just simply can't bring myself to rave over the books the same way I've raved over the Harry Potter series. And I just don't know why they keep comparing the two when they are both of different genres. But anyway, since my friends Jan and Joey have been telling me to read the rest of the saga (with Jan sending me pdf files of the book, and Joey actually lending me the hard copy!), I had no choice but to admit defeat. If you can't beat them, then join them. Hehehe I've put off reading the books for so long, and now I finally opened them. I've finished New Moon and currently reading Eclipse. Hopefully I'll finish Breaking Dawn as well this week. My opinions haven't changed at all though. And I think the only characters I like in the series are Alice and Carlisle, though not even them can bring me to fangirl level. Edward is sometimes likeable, but Robert Pattinson is NOT. XD


  • 08. DOWNLOADING...
    I've lost my 300-something torrent list when my sister reformatted our Desktop PC. XD So right now I'm back to zero. I don't know if I'm actually relieved or frustrated. But it's more of a relief, I guess. I've always felt that the 300-something torrent list was binding me down. It made me feel that I was always chasing after something, that I was obliged to accomplish the downloads, and that somehow burdens me. Yes, they made me feel good, but they also weighed me down. I've always thought I am just TOO MUCH of a COMPULSIVE HOARDER.

    Now I'm back to downloading again, but for now I've only queued Hetalia Axis Powers and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. The hospital connection is kinda slow (we're running on SmartBro), and I feel like I'm back to my old days (but at least NOT the dial-up days, hehehe). I have somehow leeched 6 episodes of HAP and 4 episodes of Umineko in two nights. XD


That's it for now I guess. I am actually on 24hour duty now, and it's way past my bedtime. I still have to work tomorrow. It's fun to blog again, and hopefully I can do it more often. Maybe with "Lorna", I can keep this blog rolling.

Or being that I'm too lazy, then maybe not. XD


No comments: