Friday, June 15, 2012

ANTI SOCIAL LIFE


Lately I have been quite depressed and just don't feel like doing anything. I've been watching animes frequently just to keep my mind busy, but sometimes I just don't feel ... alive. Maybe I'm tired from consecutive days of working, and most possibly drained by different kinds of trials going on in my life right now. My boyfriend said that I'm probably all burned out, and perhaps I need to go out with people.


And so, despite being post 24-hours duty (and pre 24-hours duty, as I'm working again tomorrow), I decided to get out of the house for a change. Today's a local holiday, since it's our city's Charter Day, so some of my friends don't have work. So I called up Gervie (a bank employee) and Don (a university professor) and we decided to hang out in the afternoon to have a drawing session. I was encouraging both of them to participate in the local comic convention come October, since they are both gifted artists and it's quite a shame for their talents to go to waste. Gervie started sketching panels while Don did some anatomy studies. I tried to make character designs for my story, but ended up making a fanart...


" I am Reisys V. Felicity Sumeragi. KEKEKE~ "


It's another sketch done with a ballpoint pen. Because of my current melancholic state, I'm also in some kind of an artist slump. (Although technically I don't really consider myself worthy to be called an artist. Not yet, anyway.) I just finished the anime Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai last night and surprisingly found it quite enjoyable. It's very funny and dealt with a group of anti-social characters whom I can somewhat relate to. My most favorite character is Hasegawa Kobato, a cosplaying middle school kid who is the sister of the main protagonist. I thought I'd make a fanart of her, and although I kinda messed up on this, but it was a fun experience drawing her. And talking with Gervie and Don regarding drawings, animes, our common interests and random stuffs somewhat uplifted my mood.


Then around 5pm, I left the boys and went to an outing with my discipleship group from church. I didn't really want to go swimming with them, and initially tried to squirm my way out by making some excuses to our leader. But I kinda felt bad about it, knowing that they were totally looking forward to the event, and so I changed my mind and went. It was perhaps our group's first time to actually go to someplace really different, and when we got there, I was amazed by the beautiful view...




It was a private hilltop compound overlooking the city, and at one side is an infinity pool! I didn't know we have such a lovely place within our city! We chitchatted, had a sumptuous dinner, and then our leader shared to us a message by Pastor Craig Groeschel about praying boldly to God, like what the first Christians did. "What you pray for reflects what you believe about God." I found it to be a very powerful and encouraging message, and would like to share the video link [HERE], that it may bless you as much as it has spoken to all members of my d-group.


After that, we took a lot of pictures and some of the girls went for a night swim. As I am not particularly fond of getting myself wet, so I didn't join them in the pool. I still got wet though, cos it was so dark and I accidentally stepped into the catch basin for the water. Got my Chucks soaked, boo.

I had fun today. And though my circumstances in life have not changed one bit and my heart still feels heavy, but I have my God and He gave me friends.



I know I will be okay. (^u^)



2 comments:

kurohiko said...

I think the evil slump has been going around lately... I have so many pages and panels to do that I end up... sitting in front of my PC, AHAHA. ;A;

misakichan said...

You, sitting in front of your PC but doing something else!!! Hehehe

I guess I've just been busy with work as well. So I couldn't get much "extra-curricular" stuffs done...