Saturday, August 18, 2012


NEED A LIFT?

So after more than 17 days, we finally return home from the hospital. I am too tired and too depressed right now to write about it, so I'll leave that for some other day. When we arrived around 4pm, the house felt stuffy, and dusty and neglected. I went to my room and the first thing I did was to lie on the bed and stare at the ceiling for quite a long time. Then I stood up, got my wallet and bag, and left the house.

With all the thoughts occupying my mind and the mix of negative emotions I was experiencing, I just didn't want to be where I was. I needed to get out.

So I went to National Bookstore in Cogon hoping to find some solace among books on sale. When that failed to give me a peace of mind, I took a taxi to SM. Never mind that it's quite far and that there's really nothing I need from there. I just wanted to go far away.

It turned out that SM was having a sale, and with all the people rushing about, it didn't help my mood at all. Rummaged through stuffs in National Bookstore and Booksale, but didn't really find anything I want to buy. Since it was getting late, I thought of getting something to eat. But all the shops were packed with diners, and truthfully, I really didn't feel like eating. So, still in a trance, I found myself in Dunkin Donuts, and ended up buying half a dozen of donuts (still unopened even til now). And while I tastelessly munched on a Bunwich, I looked up and saw this poster, and I couldn't help but snicker as to how timely and appropriate the words were speaking to me. 

There are times in one's life when everything just seems to be going downhill. And I guess it's my turn to experience something like that right now.

Someday, I hope to look back on this and laugh about it and give myself an encouraging pat on the back and say, "Good job on overcoming all that!" But right now, let me just wallow in self-pity and drown in my tears. Let me just vent out my frustrations, complain and be selfish, and rant and rage in anger. I promise, come tomorrow, I will be OK. 


But for now, just let me be.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why? what happened?

misakichan said...

Will blog about it one of these days when I'm not lazy. XD