Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ALL "CLEAR"!!!


I have been victimized again! X____X

Remember my story on how some of my old pirated DVDs suddenly became like clear round plastic materials and lost all data?

Well, it has found another victim in my stash and it's none other than...

MY COPY OF SAIUNKOKU MONOGATARI THAT I HAVEN'T WATCHED YET!

Look at what happened to it...

It's now all clear and you can actually see the cover through the underside!

WHAT A CHEAP FSCK*NG@#%!$^&7$@!# PIECE OF TRASH!!!! T______T

It's not anyone's fault though, and if I were to point my fingers at someone, I'd blame myself. For supporting piracy. For stashing unnecessary materialistic stuffs. For not taking the time to watch my DVDs. And just for being the obsessive-compulsive hoarder that I am. I know these are made of cheap, low-quality materials and don't expect much from them, but of all titles, why Saiunkoku Monogatari!? I haven't watched it yet, don't know where to download it, and don't know anyone who has a copy of it! :(

And so this makes me ponder on what should be the best way to store my video collection. I have started backing up some of my files in external hard disks, but I'm afraid that they might get infected by a virus and crash someday (very much like what happened to my sister's now-useless Ipod Classic) and I'll lose at least 500gb worth of videos. I've also burned most of my animes into DVDs but I also noted that a lot of these somehow have burn errors and can no longer be read by my computer, thereby making me lose at least 4gb worth of files. Collecting DVDs also mean that they will eventually accumulate space in my room, which is exactly what is happening right now, as I've amassed at least two huge boxes full of VHS/CDs/VCDs/DVDs (to my mother's chagrin XD). Well, another option is to burn several copies and give them away to friends as gifts/back-ups, which is what I sometimes do, but that kinda takes up my time and money. Last option is to simply STOP COLLECTING, which I have been contemplating lately. The truth is, I've realized that I have been spending much and piling up a lot of these things which are earthly, costly, and later on, pretty useless. Doesn't the Bible say,
"Don't store up treasures here on earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where they will never become moth-eaten or rusty and where they will be safe from thieves. Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be." (Matthew 6:19-21, NLT)

Anyhoo, one of my 2011 Goals is to go on a Download Diet, which means I'm trying not to click-and-download pretty much everything that I see online. It's so difficult not to give in to the temptation but with my current state of workload and the difficult internet access in my workplace, I think I can somehow lie low a bit this year. Then hopefully I can focus on more important aspects of my life, like my spiritual growth and deciding the right direction for my career.

But still... WHY SAIUNKOKU MONOGATARI!?!?!? *cries*


5 comments:

kurohiko said...

Yikes... yeah, mine's probably that way now too, which is why I'm probably going to order a copy from Syun when I get the chance.

I've seen season one though... lots of bishies and girl power drama. I like the artwork more than anything though. :3

misakichan said...

i think i've watched it until ep18, then somehow stopped. i have this habit of not watching my own stuffs immediately, because of the mentality that it's mine anyway, so i can watch it any time.

i can always buy a dvd copy from greenhills but i prefer getting an avi/mkv version. so i need to go "hunting" for it soon.

suoh12 said...

don't worry about season 1. im currently downloading it. ^_^v

misakichan said...

YAYNESS~! *hugz!* <3<3<3

season 2 na rin? ^_________^

suoh12 said...

hanap pa ako.ala kasi sa bakabt e. =c