BEJEWELED PHILOSOPHY
Recently, I have been
Boy, was I so wrong! Each round is indeed a minute long but it's so addicting, and I'd feel very competitive, so I ended up playing for more than 12 hours straight during my second try! (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ And I've been playing for more than a week now. I play until 3 or 4 in the morning until my eyes are all blurry, my right hand all numb, and my wrist so sore I can hardly move it. ヘ(>_<ヘ)
Well, I've always been a fan of the Bejeweled franchise, and Bejeweled Blitz is basically similar to them except that there's a time limit of one minute. And in that single minute, you need to score as much as you can by matching at least three gems and multipliers of the same color. When you make successive and fast matches, you can get speed bonuses and even reach a mode called Blazing Speed (which is my favorite! ^u^) which will give you more points. There are also a number of power-ups to choose from that will also help you score better, but these will cost you coins, and that's something I often do not have. So what I do is I keep playing and playing and when I save up enough coins, I splurge on
So tonight I was playing as usual, then I suddenly had an insight on how the game is similar to my life. Several times when I swap gems, I'd realize a split-second too late that I could have made a flame gem or a hypercube instead. Or sometimes when I choose to match one set instead of another, I'd end up with a whole board of gems that can no longer be connected. And during such moments, I'd instantly regret the previous move that I just did, since I'd end up with results that I don't like.
Similarly in my life, I think I've also made my share of crazy and impulsive decisions. And looking back, some of them could have been wrong choices. Though it has always been my principle never to sulk or cry over spilled milk but to always learn from my mistakes, but I am learning that my actions have consequences. And these effects may not always be immediate. Especially for someone as dense as me, I may only realize the impact of the outcome when it's already far too late. And like Bejeweled Blitz, I'd end up with a whole board of useless gems.
Take for instance my career and where it is headed for nowhere right now. Thinking back, I should have gone into residency training immediately after passing the board exams. Or I could have taken up that slot when I was accepted in this prestigious hospital. I would have been finished by now. But during those times, I chose to match 3 gems instead of making star gems. I ignored the multipliers and focused on other colors. And now that the time has finally started ticking, I realize that I do not know how to move anymore. Like right now, most of my classmates have already chosen their paths in life. Those who are several batches younger than me have submitted their application forms and already got their schedules for pre-residency. I'm still... playing Bejeweled Blitz. (╯︵╰,)
This is not just about my work but basically about every aspect of my life. It's like I'm exhausted for no particular reason. I've lost my sense of direction. I have no motivation. I have no vision. The future eludes me (or is it the other way around?). I'm not saying that I regret whatever I did in the past. On the contrary, I know I had my reasons, and perhaps, I found them to be valid and wise back then. Right now, I do not wish to dwell on such things anymore for they can no longer be changed. I can no longer turn back the time and cannot undo what has been done. I must accept the pitiful score I have. I must put up with the fact that I have no more coins and power-ups to save me. I must acknowledge that others have already surpassed me in so many ways.
But just like the game, I know it doesn't end there because I can always restart and play again. I may not have much right now but I can try and try again until I have more. I can practice until I improve. I can defeat my old self and catch up to the others. I can make better choices. I must make wiser decisions. I can move on. I must move forward.
And, ironically, it all starts by ending my long nights of playing Bejeweled Blitz. (─‿‿─)

11 comments:
That is some serious deep thinking right there...
I think everyone can always "restart". Rather, you can always start over, no matter what age you are. :)
And remember, in Bejeweled Blitz, your board is never full of "useless gems". On the contrary, there is always a match in there somewhere, it's just a bit more challenging to see it sometimes, and that's what the "hint" (or IRL, "prayer") is for~
...going back to the game though, OMG YOUR FRIEND HAS 800k?! DDD: *must practice moar*
Thanks. (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
I know I can someday match my life's useless gems correctly. It's just a matter of making the right moves. Heck, they don't even have to be "right". I just have to make my move instead of bumming around... I'm sure God has a great plan for my life. (o⌒.⌒o)
And yah. That friend always scores a minimum of 800k. But she's usually up there in the millions EVERY WEEK. And not just her! There's also another guy! There are actually two of them!!! That's why I feel so frustrated with my scores!!! ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
Don't worry, I feel the same way (regarding my immigration status) which is probably why I'm taking it out on drawing manga. xD
He and She probably doesn't blink anymore when they play. T_T;;;
memorable sa akin ang bejeweled lol.coz of this game napag-initan ako sa micro lab dati T.T kasi naman nahuli akong naglalaro sa pda ng classmate ko.eh 5mins na lang tapos na class, and we're done with lab works 30mins ago pa.tambay na nga lang.antupa, nakita pa ako ng prof hahaha.ayun matapos ang threat, kinarir ko tuloy mga practical exams dun, kasi chinika pa ko sa ibang prof T.T
if kulang ka ng coins, do the quests. at do the free blitz party daily.
yeah, its hard when you've lost motivation. i feel the same. im stuck in limbo but i dont wanna leave my comfort zone yet. though its frustrating seeing kouhais get past you. lalo na katatapos lang ng boards T.T
I DIDN'T KNOW MAY FREE BLITZ PARTEH DAILY!!!!! XDXDXD
haha oo. kaya 2x, free sayo at free sa partner. nagsstock ako now ung free moonstone at blazing steed (<lol @ the name).try mo mag 3 blazing speed in a game para mataas score. or ung phoenix daw though i havent tried that yet
i have something similar in my smart phone since x months ago and i'm still addicted to it :))
3 blazing steed in one game? I can hardly do 2!!!
i cannot do two blazing speeds either. (-___-);
practice ka w/o boosts. then pag okay na, dun mo na use. what i usually use are mystery gem, +5 secs, bonus multiplier.nagbo-boost lang ko pag may rare gem.pag wala, puro farming lang muna.
ay oo nga pala, i tried phoenix. bongga! hahaha. may return coins pa. pero nakakaloka sa mata dahil puro blasts, ung mga nakaabang mong moves sabog na. pero okay sya.
pahabol ^^;, in case hindi pa ganito setup mo. try mo change into simple quality. anlaki ng naging effect sa akin. mas mabilis na kasi bawas animations
Post a Comment